2.9

2010 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 232016

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. While the vehicle was parked overnight, the rear passenger side window glass shattered into pieces without warning. The local dealer was notified. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 71,500.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Aug 132016

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. While driving 20 mph, the rear passenger window shattered. The contact pulled over to the side of the road to observe the failure, but noticed no sign of impact. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,000.

- Chambersburg, PA, USA

Apr 212015

F-150

2010 F-150 passenger rear window spidered this morning when I turned on rear defrost.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Apr 112015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Rear window on passenger side with the frost on shattered.

- Andover, MN, USA

Mar 112015

F-150

The rear window driver side spider webbed. It was 55 degrees out and I opened my windows. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. The other time was the passenger side rear window in 11/2013. I believe Ford needs to take responsibility for this.it has to be associated with the defroster.

- Hartland, WI, USA

Mar 082015

F-150

The truck was parked in the driveway warming up with the rear window defrost on when a lot of smoke started coming out of the area around the rear passenger side head rest. I turned off the truck and then there was a loud bang and the passenger side rear window panel had shattered.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Mar 032015

F-150

I was on my way home from work. It was 22 degrees (F) out..I turned my rear defroster on, my 2010 F-150 platinum on. Driving about 57 mph and I heard a loud bang like I was getting shot at.. I looked back to realize that my rear passenger side window shattered..(the passenger side of the three piece power rear window).

- Chase Mills , NY, USA

Mar 022015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 15 mph, the passenger side section of the rear window suddenly cracked. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,250. Updated 03/30/15 the consumer stated safelight glass repaired at least 100 other Ford trucks with the same failure. Updated 10/20/2015

- Manchester, NH, USA

Feb 252015

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact heard an abnormal noise and discovered that the rear passenger side window was shattered. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Manhattan, KS, USA

Dec 062014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the rear window shattered after the rear defroster was activated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,300. Updated 01/09/15 updated 01/13/15

- St Louis, MO, USA

Oct 152014

F-150

Turned on rear defrost and drove for about 10 minutes. Daughter reported hearing a "static" noise which was followed by smoke and a "pop" as the back passenger side rear glass cracked-(glass spiderweb) but still intact.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Oct 122014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Driving home with my family from in-laws house. Upon starting the truck I turned on the rear defroster, about 5 min later I heard a loud bang, like something landed on the roof. Later on realized it was the passenger side section of my rear window. It shattered, but remained fully in tact with no impact spot from inside or out. After googling this I see it is a common occurrence among these vehicles.

- Waretown, NJ, USA

Oct 112014

F-150

With the temp outside being about 48 degrees I had my rear window defroster on and the heat on inside. While I was driving I heard a loud pop, like the truck was being shot at or a large bolder was thrown at vehicle. When I stop the truck to see what happened I noticed that the rear window on the right hand side was shattered. I inspected the vehicle closer when I got home and noticed that there was nothing in the bed of the truck, like a rock or some other object and there was no hole in window.

- Bristol, PA, USA

Sep 222014

F-150

While leaving house, I turned on the rear window defroster. About 5 blocks from home, I heard a loud pop, looked in my rear view mirror and saw that the passenger side of rear window completed shattered.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Feb 112013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the passenger and driver's side windows suddenly shattered. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 56,847.

- Elmhurst, IL, USA

May 172014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Was driving approximately 30 mph turned on the rear defrost approximately 3-5minutes later rear passenger window shattered. Nothing hit the window it appears to be related to the rear defroster.

- Loveland, OH, USA

May 032014

F-150

Turned on the rear window defrost and a few minutes later the right-rear window (of the three piece power sliding rear window) exploded.

- Eureka, MT, USA

Mar 112014

F-150 8-cyl

For no apparent reason, the rear window has shattered.

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Jan 302014

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, he heard a loud sound coming from the rear seat. The contact soon realized that the rear window had exploded without any warnings. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to determine what caused the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 41,900. Updated 3/14/14 the consumer stated the driver's side section of the 3 section rear window exploded into hundreds, if not more pieces. Updated 04/01/14

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Feb 052014

F-150

While driving into work at 0445 hrs on a smooth road with an outside air temp around 5 degree I heard a loud bang coming from the cab area of the truck. I had let the truck warm up before driving and turned the rear window defrost on approx. 2 miles before I heard the noise. In checking my vehicle, I noticed that passenger side rear window had busted. When I spoke with the Ford dealership, they said they were aware of the problem but did not feel it was bad enough to have a recall. It sounds like it is going to cost approx. $800 if it is not covered by my warranty.

- Des Moines, IA, USA