2011 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Sep 072015

F-150

While traveling the vehicle unexpectedly puts itself into park. The vehicle then locks up the breaks and skids across the road. After skidding the vehicle's throttle does not work and the vehicle is inoperable. This has happened for approximately two (2) years. It has happened while driving at high speed (70 mph) on a limited access highway facility. It has occurred at stop lights. In one instance while at a stop light the vehicle ceased to operate and was struck by another vehicle. Last week was notified by the vehicle manufacturer that they were conducting a recall for the exact reason that has caused me problems for the past two years. The malfunction has caused mechanical damages to the vehicle's suspension, steering, tires, and acceleration. The vehicle vibrates uncontrollably at any speed over 35 mph. There are also rattling inside and outside of the vehicle.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA

Jun 152016

F-150

Service advance trac light comes on monthly after turning lock to lock. Turn signals will not stay on after this happens until the light resets itself a day or so later.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

May 162016

F-150

During operation with vehicle in motion on a street, power steering shut off, directional signals would not stay on when used. Diagnosed at a Ford dealership as an epas failure.

- Townville, SC, USA

Jan 152016

F-150

2011 Ford F150 lariat - when accelerating to pass, engine lights will flash and the truck will lose power. After several seconds of flashing, the engine light stays on and the truck decelerates. I shut the truck off and then re-started but the engine light stayed on. I was traveling on a highway and had to pull off to a city street. Very dangerous situation.

- Oneida, NY, USA

Sep 012015

F-150

2011 F-150 FX4. Service advancetrac warning light displays. It comes on when I start up the vehicle stationary. The turn signals stop working, too. The next day the light will be off. Appears to be a common manufacturing defect that should be a recall just like on the 2014 F-150S as it is a issues of safety.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Nov 052015

F-150

When I drive my power steering will go out as I'm turning it will be fine one min and the next min I'm in the grass trying not to die

- Citrus Springs, FL, USA

May 122015

F-150

My 2011 Ford F150, with less than 23500 miles, suddenly developed problems with its electronic steering system consisting of (a) very loose steering, (B) a "service advanctrac" warning message, (C) the control for the left & right blinkers no longer working. I was driving down a dirt at a low rate of speed when the problem struck without warning, and then got onto a paved road where the steering continued to feel very 'sloppy' and somewhat difficult to control the truck. The local Ford dealership diagnosed the problem with the epas (electronic) steering system which was first introduced on the 2011 F150 model. They first quoted $1300 to repair it since I am out of the 3/36 warranty, but later came down to $480 when I complained about it being a safety issue and that it was ridiculous for something like this to happen on a truck with less than 25K miles (mostly highway miles). According to the dealer, Ford covered the cost of the expensive replacement part. There are many online complaints (websites & NHTSA) regarding problems with the Ford epas steering system. Its sudden and unexplainable failure, especially on trucks with low mileage, makes this a significant safety concern in my opinion.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Feb 232015

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

On three separate occasions while backing into my driveway in my 2011 Ford F150 XLT as I turned my steering wheel sharply to the right and began backing up my service advance trac warning light lit up. Each time the light would go away upon restarting the truck. The forth time it came on while conducting a 3 point turn at slow speed, however the light remained on and dash displayed a picture of front wheels at hard lock right reading 37degrees of angle while I was driving straight ahead. At that time my turn signals stopped working unless held on. Upon restarting the truck the warning remained on and display failed to show change in wheel position when turning steering wheel. I brought it in to dealer to have it checked and two codes were present (C1B00 and U2101). I was told vehicle needs electronic steering rack replaced. I then looked issue up and found there is already a tsb for this issue. I feel lucky that this issue has only occurred at slow speeds others were less fortunate and were involved in potentially deadly accidents. Other accounts of this issue began as mine and problem progressed into a total loss of power steering and in ability to straiten steering wheel. I feel Ford needs to look further into this potentially deadly issue!

- Norton , MA, USA

Aug 272013

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

We were traveling down the interstate when the red battery light came on. Shortly thereafter loss of power steering, loss of stability control (per dash indicator), and loss of power brakes. I have had the alternator replaced 2 separate times since for a total of three (3) alternators as well as one new battery. Now truck is in shop again for same malfunction. 2011 Ford F150 lariat. Crew cab. V-6 engine. Only 54000 miles and I am anticipating my fourth (4th) alternator. I use the truck in non-mountainous terrain, mostly highway for errands, and rarely tow. I believe a recall investigation should commence.

- Madison, SD, USA

Jan 092012

F-150

2011 Ford F 150 with eco boost. When I accelerate the vehicle stalls out, bogs down, looses power and shutters. I have taken in the shop several times and they could not fix it. I recently took it back in and hey changed the spark plugs which helped a little however still really rough. I am thinking of filing. Lawsuit against Ford. I have tied to trade out of the vehicle and I'm upside down because of bad publicity I'm being told. I thought I had. Lemon but I guess it's all the engines.

- Southlake, TX, USA

Apr 012011

F-150 6-cyl

Advancetrac with roll stability control (rsc) (traction/stability control) comes on late or not at all. When it does come on it it over corrects. (when it does not come on) if you do not manually correct for the skid/slide you will lose control. If it does come on (5-20seconds late), it over corrects usually causing loss of control again.

- Cranberry Twp., PA, USA

Sep 232011

F-150 6-cyl

During routine road driving, the service advance-trac light came on the dash. This was at 7490 miles. The truck was taken to be serviced. The rcm was replaced. At 9130 miles the service advance trac warning light again came on. The truck was taken to be serviced and the ABS module was updated. The truck is currently at the dealer for the same warning light. It has been there for a week. The mileage was about 9400 miles on the third trip for the same problem. I drive snowy and icy roads in the winter and feel that the disabling of my advance trac system compromises my safety on slippery roads.

- Medford, OR, USA