2011 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

May 222013

F-150 8-cyl

While driving home from work at normal highway speed another driver pulled out in front of me. I was able to stop, but the truck pulled hard to the right. I thought something was wrong with the brakes so took it to local Ford dealer for a check. The dealer verified my concern, and found that the front and rear brake rotors are warped. When I asked them what would cause the rotors to warp on a truck with only 14,000 miles on it I was told heat, and this repair was not covered under warranty because brakes are considered wear parts. I contacted Ford customer care, but they couldn't help me. I checked safercar.gov and found out there is a service bulletin on the brakes of this truck. Ford didn't care and told me to have the repairs made to my truck and keep the receipt incase they issued a recall. I would be reimburse. I have not driven the truck for a month, hoping Ford would contact me. When I did here from them, they told me they were unable to be of further assistance in this matter, at this time. Ford Motor Company, Ford customer care, or the Ford dealer who sold me the truck don't seem to care. I have never abused this truck, never pulled a trailer, or done anything to cause this problem. I'm glad I never had to use this as a real truck,

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Feb 072013

F-150 6-cyl

Brakes are ineffective in a panic stop. On dry pavement the brakes cannot be applied hard enough to lock the wheels and activate the ABS function. Stopping distances are much longer than normal and safe. Compared to other F150's with he same body style and engine the brakes are drastically different and much worse in stopping distances (rough test stop from 30 mph in 28 ft compared to 15 ft, stop from 40 mph in 46ft compared to 28 ft) dealer has attempted repair 4 times with no improvement at all and now Ford has determined that the brakes are functioning normally and that "some trucks will stop better than others". if this is in fact true there may be many F150's on the road with substandard brakes which the owners may not suspect because they have not been tested in emergency situations. My vehicle is dramatically worse than other F150's that I have driven and I am being told that it is functioning normally. Normal in this instance is not safe.

- Wexford, PA, USA

Sep 152010

F-150

Steering wheel shakes real bad on stopping the harder the stop the worse it shakes this truck has 16000 miles on it now and the problem seems to have started after the 1st service and tire rotation (about 8500 miles) although it did not start immediately after but rather seemed to get worse over time from that point I believe that it is warped brake rotors possibly from cheap or defective oem parts the truck has never been off road or abused just daily drive to from work 19 miles each way.

- Prattville, AL, USA