2011 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Sep 142015

F-150

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-150. While driving at approximately 20 mph, the steering wheel seized. In addition, the vehicle drifted slightly to the left and the brake pedal was hard when depressed. The vehicle continued to drift and crashed into the front of another vehicle. The contact stated that the "service advancetrac" warning message displayed. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Gladstone, OR, USA

Sep 152013

F-150

I wrecked my 2011 F150 ecoboost, I hit a 4 ft culvert and 4 trees, to which the 4th stopped me. My air bags did not deploy or attempt to deploy, in which case caused me to have whiplash and severely sprained ankle w/torn ligaments and tendons requiring a half cast and walking boot. How the accident occurred and time was approximately 9:40ish P.M. I came around a curve, with cruise set on 60 mph, there was a tractor trailer in the majority of my lane, I swerved to the right to avoid it. When I hit the culvert my truck dashboard said something about trac on and ok, I went airborn, the culvert broke a tie rod and the trees took out the passenger side of my truck, the last tree I hit stopped me.....I called Ford and they are referring it to their legal department, suppose to be sending someone out to look at my truck (I might add that passenger side window was broke out too) and be contacting me in a 15 day range period. In the mean time....I think it was a safety hazard and needs to be looked into.

- Carthage, TX, USA

Aug 082012

F-150

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was traveling 70 mph when the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact stated that none of the air bags deployed. There were no injuries and the vehicle was towed to an auto repair facility. The contact stated the manufacturer refused to inspect the vehicle. The failure and the current mileages were 21,000.

- Meaker, OK, USA