2012 Ford F-150 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 242015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Pushed rear defroster button 3 times to turn on defroster and it didn't work. Finally power turned on after about 10 seconds and defroster started. Drove approximately half mile and stopped in a fast food drive thru lane. Heard a loud popping sound and smelled like something was burning. Turned around and found the passenger side rear windshield window shattered. Immediately turned off all climate controls.

- Aliquippa, PA, USA

May 132014

May 13, 2014, 0630 hrs. Temp 55 degrees F. while I was leaving for work, I pressed the rear defrost button as the morning dewpoint was high and condensation was heavy on the glass. The light on the defrost button did not illuminate, so I pressed a second time. There was a delay, but the light finally came on as advertised. I drove approx 5 miles to the local fuel stop when I noticed a slight burning smell from the rear cabin area. I parked the truck, and looked around but found no evidence of something burning. I stepped out of the truck and as I started to walk away from the vehicle, I heard a loud "bang", which scared me. It sounded as if something fell from the sky and hit the top of the truck. I looked around, and then opened the right rear door. The burning smell was more prominent, and I then noticed that the 'bang" was my right rear window pane shattering. The whole right rear pane had become extremely hot, and it shattered. There seems to be an issue with this heating/defrost system that needs rectified immediately. My youngest child could have had this window blow right into her had she or anyone else been sitting in the rear cab at that time. In addition, the possibility of the window blowing outward into oncoming traffic could also be a major issue for many different reasons. This needs addressed as soon as possible.

- Rising Sun, MD, USA