6.7

2012 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 252013

F-150 8-cyl

I obtained this vehicle November 2012 from Ford Motor Company after winning an arbitration case I filed. Reason: The fuel gauge system in the truck it replaced, a 2010 Ford, 150, 4X4, was totally inaccurate and undependable. The arbitrator agreed that it was unsafe and granted us the option either to accept a new vehicle with similar features, or a buy-back. Throughout months of processing and several visits to a local Ford dealer for unsuccessful repair attempts, Ford steadfastly denied any issues existed--that the entire fuel monitoring and measuring system was working as designed--despite the fact that a disinterested third party expert hired by the BBB test drove our truck and concluded it was defective. Furthermore, a google search revealed numerous similar complaints wherein some owners actually ran out of gas owing to an inaccurate fuel gauge reading. Here is a recent and typical example of the problem: A few days ago when I started my truck, "miles to empty" was 225. The fuel tank showed between one-quarter and one-half full. Approximately 10 minutes later, "miles to empty" read 90, and the gas gauge was slightly above empty. I don't really care much about the "miles to empty" feature because I've learned not to trust it; however, when the fuel gauge shows a half tank of gas remaining, then a few minutes later drops to nearly empty, I become concerned--particularly when driving in the mountains where we live, and in snow conditions, thus creating a safety issue. To this day, Ford denies an issue exists.

- North Fork, CA, USA