2012 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 17 of 17)

May 012012

F-150 6-cyl

While driving my 2012 Ford F150 4X4 with the ecoboost motor to work on the garden state parkway I experienced the following issue: After cruising for about 20 miles at 65mpg I attempted a pass of slower moving traffic. The truck accelerated to about 80mph during the pass then suddenly the engine lost power and created an engine breaking situation. The trucks' speed dropped rapidly from 80 to 60mph and I had to abruptly move into the slow lane cutting off other cars to avoid being rear ended. As soon as the power/speed loss occurred the truck began to shake violently for about a minute or two until I eventually slowed to about 50mph. This has happened 2 times since owning the vehicle. The truck has 5000 miles presently and has been back to the Ford dealership 3 times for software updates, a catalytic converter replacement, to add an air deflector and it continues to throw codes and turn on the check engine light. I got it back yesterday and the check engine light went on again on my drive home. Also mileage seems to becoming progressively worse. I try to avoid passing situations as much as possible in fear the vehicle will create a dangerous situation for myself and other drivers on the garden state parkway.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jul 092012

F-150 6-cyl

I was driving in a light rain when I gently pressed the accelerator and the engine started vibrating excessively making the whole truck vibrate like the wheels were falling off. The incident lasted about 10 seconds before it returned to acting normally.

- Missouri City, TX, USA