4.6

2012 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 202013

F-150 6-cyl

Well I purchased this truck a brand new 2012 Ford F-150 XLT super crew w/ 3.5L ecoboost engine. The truck had 104 miles when I bought it. After a week I started to notice that the truck shudder's when I accelerate from a dead stop and it also shudders when I come to a full stop. For about a week every single day and time I would start and stop the truck would shudder. I thought this was because the engine just needed to break in. Well I am going on the 4th week of owning this truck and it still occurs. The shudder that is. The shudder also occurs now when I have a cold engine start and I put the truck in reverse it starts to shudder. I do feel as the driver it has effected the performance of my truck. 854

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Dec 122012

F-150 6-cyl

Loss of power when accelerating from a stopped position, more frequently as time goes on, and when truck has been driven for long periods of time. When first bought vehicle, there was a shudder and a shake extremely noticeable at 45 mph. The truck was brought into the Ford dealership where it was purchased and checked for a deflector plate. The deflector plate was installed, so a new intercooler was ordered and a long wait with this troublesome problem occurred. The new intercooler arrived and was put in, but the same problems persist. The shudder and shake is now more noticeable at 35mph but is still there and noticeable as ever. The Ford dealership told me that Ford has a new service bulletin out, but has not issued a fix. This is a serious issue, and I hope that with all the driving I do, I don't get a loss of power when I need it resulting in an accident and possible fatality.

- Ramsey , MN, USA

Mar 212012

F-150

The truck has a shutter when accelerating. It has a hesitation all the time in the engine. If I am going up a hill and running the speed limit, it has a major hesitation before it will shift gears to get on up the hill. The gas mileage is not as good as it claims to be either.

- Crossville, TN, USA

Apr 122013

F-150

Merging onto interstate at 50 mph I accelerated hard to merge into traffic. Complete loss of acceleration nearly causing an accident with a tractor trailer behind us. Violent shuddering of entire vehicle, check engine light flashed and then remained on. After nearly a minute of feathering the accelerator, the problem subsided and ability to accelerate was regained. This had already happened once on the same drive and a couple if times prior to this incident. I dropped the truck off at the dealer this am after driving it for two days with the check engine light on. They said they would call with an update in the afternoon, but when 7pm rolled around and I had not yet heard from them I called to see what was going on and was told that they were waiting for a replacement intercooler and to call back in the morning and speak with the service advisor. Seems like a very common - not to mention dangerous - problem for Ford not to be publicly dealing with it, or at least being more proactive about issuing a recall for. Hopefully no one gets hurt before the problem is acknowledged & fixed.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 262013

F-150

Full throttle passing. Severe engine miss. Loss of power. Could not complete pass. Had to pull back in line. Seams to be problem on ecoboost V6 engines. Cold climate humidity. Possible fix service bulletin parts B O intermittent cant predict when power loss will happen

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 012013

F-150 6-cyl

While driving on freeway and trying to pass, vehicle started shaking violently and lost power. Also when pulling out into traffic vehicle when lose power and engine shakes. Engine light came ona nd has remained on. Very dangerous situations continue to happen daily. Ford ecoboost system has a problem, dealership says Ford is aware but does not know when parts to repair might be available. Says to continue to drive. I am concerned a major accident is waiting to happen. This seems to be something Ford was aware of when sold this vehicle.

- Porter, TX, USA

Sep 192012

F-150

Traveling West on I-20 in tx for several hours through rain/mist/foggy conditions. Exited the highway for fuel. Upon reentering the highway and attempting to accelerate to speed, truck began shaking violently and did not respond to inputs from the throttle. I was able to speed up to about 45mph before the engine problem developed. Luckily I had a shoulder to pull over on as I had entered the interstate ahead of a tractor-trailer combo who was doing the speed limit and approaching my rear bumper very quickly. After the engine began misfiring at about 45 mph, I could not increase speed, I was only able to slow down and pull off onto the shoulder. During the incident, the check engine light illuminated, began flashing until the vehicle came to a stop on the shoulder, then remained illuminated until the truck was restarted 5 times on the shoulder.

- Eureka Springs, AR, USA

Feb 172013

F-150 6-cyl

V6 ecoboost engine went into limp home mode while attempting to pass. Unexpected failure of engine caused loss of power and would not travel faster than 10 miles per hour. Unexpected situation occurrence is extremely dangerous and occurred at highway speed of 55 mph. Ford dealership has technical service bulletin on problem but Ford does not have parts available to fix with backorder of parts projected to be 2 months. Ford dealer indicated problem occurs because moisture builds up in air intake cowl and when turbo intercooler senses the moisture engine shuts down. This is a serious problem requiring a better response by Ford Motor Co.

- Commerce Township, MI, USA

Jan 112013

F-150

Was driving on the highway during a rain event. Went to accelerate to merge and the whole truck started to shudder and shake. The truck lost power. I was losing speed and everytime I tried to accelerate the truck would shake worse. Coasted back into my lane, and put on the hazards to slow into the emergency lane. The truck would only idle. Turned truck off, restarted truck, and it appeared fine. This is the third time this has happened.

- Verona, WI, USA

Sep 042012

F-150

The contact owns a 2012 Ford F150. The contact stated that fuel fumes were emitted into the vehicle. The contact stated that after inspecting the vehicle he did not noticed any fuel leaking on the ground. Neither the manufacturer nor the dealer was notified. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- Kirksville, MO, USA

Aug 132012

F-150

After using cruise control for 1 hour on a 4 lane highway at 70 mph during high humidity early in the morning I try to accelerate and the motor loses all power. I had tsb 12-6-4 applied to the vehicle Friday, three days ago, and though it may reduce the likelihood of this situation, it does not overcome what appears to be a design flaw with the intercooler in this ecoboost motor. This flaw allows for condensated water to be sucked into the motor and causing the misfire during hard accelerations after long periods of using cruise control in high humidity situation. The impact of losing power will be a fatal accident for a customer at some point in time if it has not already occurred.

- Gainesville, FL, USA