3.1

2012 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 122015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I hit the remote start on my truck this morning and when I walked out to my truck and got in to head to work I heard a loud pop and didn't know what it was at first. I looked back and my back right rear window was shattered. I don't know how or what happened. I just heard the noise and looked around and noticed my window exploded. I got out to look at it and when I shut my door the window fell apart.

- Greenfield , WI, USA

Mar 062015

F-150

Driver side-rear defrost window shattered for no reason. The truck has a cap on the bed. Now have to get the cap removed to have it repaired. Ford said no way to cover even the $100 deductible. Terrible service when I spent $30K and they can't chip in when there is a defect. And the entire rear window will need to be replace, not just the section.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Feb 222015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The rear window on my F150 broke while my wife was warming up the car. The only thing she did was turn on the rear window defrost.

- Phila, PA, USA

Mar 012015

F-150

Driving down the road at about 20mph. 7 and 9 yr children in back seat. Turned rear defroster on and about 2 min later heard very loud noise like something hitting my roof. Didn't know what happened till I looked in my mirror and saw driver side rear stationary glass pane spider webbed. Looked at roof and see nowhere where something hit roof. From what I am reading this is a common problem that has not been addressed by Ford.

- Houston, PA, USA

Feb 132015

F-150 6-cyl

Turned on rear defrost when starting vehicle, one of the sections of the rear sliding window shattered.

- Howell, MI, USA

May 292014

F-150

Rear window defroster was on for approximately 5 minutes when a hissing sound started. Approximately 20 seconds later there was a loud pop and the rear passenger side window panel shattered.

- Mechanic Falls, ME, USA