2013 Ford F-150 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 092015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving on us 82 East bound, approximately 20 miles East of bonham, Texas, when suddenly my sunroof exploded send a shower of glass on top of me. It sounded like a shotgun blast went off, I am lucky that I didn't wreck from the explosion. Ford Motor Company refuses to repair the sunroof, saying that something must have hit it. Nothing hit the sunroof, the explosion sent the sunroof up not down. I have pictures, and from what I can find out this is not an uncommon occurrence.

- Trophy Club, TX, USA

Jan 282015

2014 F-150. Purchased new, sunroof is oem not aftermarket. Sunroof exploded on highway. No rocks or evidence of any outside force. Outdoor temp ~68F. Speed at time of problem approximately 55mph. On hwy I-880 at hwy 237 exit. Defective glass is believed to be the problem.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Nov 102014

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 40 mph, the sunroof fractured without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and the sunroof was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000. Updated 01/23/15 updated 6/8/2015

- Spring Hill , FL, USA

Nov 112014

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

I went out to my truck and started it up. I noticed their were tiny shiny specks on the center console. I looked up and my sunroof was totally shattered. When I parked the day before everything was fine. There were no trees that something could have fallen from that might have caused this. No other vehicles parked nearby were damaged and vandals usually go for side windows. It was not unusually cold. A short search on the internet shows that this problem is not as isolated as the Ford dealer that the body shop I'm using called. There are others with Ford products that this has happened to.some were driving when their sunroofs exploded others came out find their sunroofs in the same condition as mine.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 132014

While driving to work on this morning at about 60mph I heard a loud "boom" sound and moments later pulled back the sunroof cover to discover my sunroof had shattered. The glass panel had a hole in the center and all remaining glass was cracked. Fortunately, the visor was closed or I would have been showered with glass shards. The remaining glass was protruding upward as if it exploded outwardly. There were no vehicles near me to throw a rock nor was I driving under an overpass or bridge. I took the truck to Ford of West memphis and described what happened. The service man said he would submit the repair to Ford for approval to repair under warranty since there was no impact that caused the breakage. Ford customer service denied my warranty claim so I had to get it repaired under my insurance and pay the difference. $1009.68 and four days later I have my truck back. I inspected the removed glass with the dealer personnel and it is clear that there is a crack at the front center edge of the glass from which all other cracks propagated out from in a fan pattern. There is no sign of impact in this area and its even protected with the rubber seal such that it would be very unlikely that anything could impact the glass there. I am going to write a letter to Ford to demand they pay for this repair.

- Marion, AR, USA

Mar 172014

F-150 6-cyl

Sunroof shattered, after exiting my work place parking garage, at 12:45pm, I soon entered the on ramp to the local loop freeway and accelerated to enter the freeway at approx. 25 mph my sunroof shattered and glass particles came inside the vehicle compartment. Loud explosion sound and small glass shards got in my eyes, on my skin and everywhere in the automobile. The sunroof is still basically intact and budged slightly outward or upward.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 282014

F-150 8-cyl

We were driving down the E-470 and hear what sounded like an explosion and realized our sunroof spontaneously exploded from the inside out. Ford is saying they are not responsible for this. This is dangerous and has happened to alot of people. Someone needs to check on this please.

- Aurora, CO, USA