9.4

2013 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Sep 012016

F-150

I bought my truck new from the dealer 2013. IżM consistent with all the up keeps of my truck. However, mid August 2016, I noticed the truck hesitated to start at the beginning while in stationary position for a few days, then out of nowhere from one day to the next, the engine didnżT start in the morning again while in stationary position and then the engine light came up! I bought a new battery thinking that maybe it needed to be replaced, even with the new battery the truck failed to start in stationary. After that, I tried starting my truck for two consecutive days, by the third day the truck started! I drove it immediately to autozone but nothing came up wrong with it? so, I drove it back home. A week later, I had no problems with the truck, like nothing ever happen. Then, yesterday all of a sudden I was driving home, while in motion the engine died in the middle of traffic on a city street, so I pulled over to the side of the road and immediately attempted to restart the truck as it continued to hesitate. Finally, after 10 minutes the truck started and I drove to autozone and again nothing came up wrong with it. So I drove it back home. Then, today, which is September 2, 2016 while the truck is stationary it failed to start and the engine light, came up again. Something is wrong with this truck! I donżT feel safe to drive in fear that my truck will stop working while in motion and cause an accident. I can get stranded anywhere at anytime.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 182013

F-150 6-cyl

I went to pass a slow moving vehicle and only had a short distance to pass. I pressed down hard on the accelerator, the engine shutdown, truck was coasting, and the orange traction slip light came on. Then the engine came back on and I was able to finish passing. This was in carlsbad, nm. I took it to the local Ford dealer they said there nothing showed on their diagnostic computer, but they did try to charge me $150 labor. I refused to pay, because this is a new truck and the incident happened twice driving into carlsbad. I have tried to duplicate the incident once since, but the engine did not shutdown.

- Livingston, TX, USA