2013 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Aug 012016

F-150

Complete brake failure. The warning light indicator " low brake fluid" came on, followed by full brake failure. Towed to dealer- not included in the previous recall dated May 25th 2016. The result of the failure was due to the master cylinder and brake booster. All parts back ordered. 2 weeks for the booster and 4th qtr for the master cylinder. Vehicle was manufactured on July 20th 2013, just days before the dated recall of August 1st 2013. Open a case with fmc. Status pending..

- Concord, NC, USA

Jul 082016

F-150

I just received a recall notice regarding the brakes failing to stop the vehicle due to a defect in the master cylinder. When I call the Ford dealer where I purchased the truck, I was advised that they don't have "fix" for the problem yet, but may have that by the end of the year. This vehicle is unsafe and yet Ford has no repair for it" how about they pay me back and I buy a Chevy" I don't operate the vehicle because of the brake recall.

- Elm Grove, WI, USA

Jul 192016

F-150

Brakes failed while 2013 eccoboost 3.5L F-150 was parked. Stepped on brake pedal to shift out of park and pedal went to the floor. No prior indication of a problem. Looked at master cylinder fluid level and completely empty. No brakes at all, front or back. Moved truck to Ford dealer for repair. Dealer did not have parts and had to special order them.

- Hendersonville, NC, USA

Jul 152016

F-150

I had complete brake failure. Master cylinder leaked into the booster. I thought it would be part of the existing recall, but my build date of 10/2012 was not included.

- Humble, TX, USA

Jul 072016

F-150

On July 7 2013 I experienced a complete brake failure while driving on a major state route. I was able to get my vehicle to the dealership for repairs. They explained that the repair was not under warranty. Upon further investigation I discovered that there was a recall for the exact problem that my vehicle experienced. When I called this to the dealers attention, the said my vehicle was not part of this recall. This vehicle has less than 50,000 miles and could have been involved in a serious accident had I not known how to control a vehicle with no brakes. I'd like a refund in full of $572.48 that the dealer charged me for the repair.

- Crestview Hills, KY, USA

Jul 182016

F-150

From the Ford recall notice 16S24 "brake function in the rear wheels is unaffected by this condition". wrong! I experienced the low brake fluid warning message and the master cylinder reservoir is also the source for the rear brakes. In my case, I had complete brake failure, pedal to the floorboard. Backing out of the garage to take the truck to the dealer, it would not stop at engine idle speed and broke the rear view mirror on the garage door opening. I am having the truck towed to the dealer. Hate to think of what would have happened had I gotten on the road. The recall notice downplays the severity of the condition and this is unacceptable. I checked yes on the crash question because of the collision with the garage door opening.

- Saratoga Springs, UT, USA

Apr 112016

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. When the brake pedal was applied, it failed to engage and disengage without warning. The contact had to apply extreme force to the brake pedal to ensure that the vehicle made a complete stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and repair, but the failure recurred. The brake pedal was hard to depress and slow to respond when applied. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V345000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The parts were not available within a reasonable time frame. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St Johns, KS, USA

Jul 092016

F-150

While driving the vehicle the low brake fluid light came on and then immediately after the light illuminated the truck experienced a complete brake failure. My foot went all the way down to the floorboard while pressing the brakes. The master cylinder was completely empty when we parked the vehicle. We replaced the brake fluid back into the master cylinder and within two minutes of pumping the brakes the master cylinder was empty and the low brake fluid level light came on again. We investigated under the vehicle but could not find any sign of the brake fluid leaking under the truck. We used the emergency brake to stop the vehicle and brought it to the Ford dealership.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Jun 302016

F-150

Eco boost brake recall. Lost all braking with no warning on freeway. No accident or injury.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Jun 162016

F-150

Vehicle stationary in parking lot, no brakes, front or rear, had it towed June 16, 2016, looked at in freehold Ford, freehold, New Jersey, diagnosed Friday June 17, 2016, no brakes, no parts no answers as to when it will be repaired, no loaner vehicle, no help, today is July 1, 2016 only answer is from Ford central jersey customer service rep Ms. Auna lochlan 866-631-3788 xtn 77798 is that letters are going out July 11, 2016 on the recall and we don't have parts. So I have no vehicle, no answers!

- Manalapan, NJ, USA

Jun 282016

F-150

I drove the vehicle to the store this morning and there was no problem with the brakes. When I left the store and started the vehicle I got a message that said brake fluid is low and when I pressed the brake it went straight to the floor with no resistance. I had to pump the brakes several times to stop the vehicle from moving as I was attempting to back out of a parking space. I got it to stop however when I pressed the brake again it went straight to the floor again. I then turned the vehicle off and called for roadside assistance. The vehicle was towed to the dealership (it only has 11000 miles on it) and they advised me that the master cylinder was defective and was leaking fluid into the brake booster.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 062016

F-150

As I came back from dropping of the kids at school, 06 June, I was driving into the house complex when the breaks failed. The truck would not stop. I used the emergency break to slow down the vehicle. Once I stopped I then proceeded to drive the vehicle to my drive way using the emergency break. I was lucky it was not busy. I contact Ford to see about the problem. Was told the recall was not going to come out till July. Ford got me in contact with the nearest dealership, viva Ford, to make arrangements to pick up the truck on 07 June. The problem is the fluid leaks into the master cylinder. I was told by the dealership that Ford does not cover rentals. That the dealership will try to help me with a loaner. Now I'm stuck with no vehicle, missed a day of work and still have to wait if a loaner vehicle comes available.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jun 052016

F-150

On 6/5/2016 the low brake fluid warning light came on and the brake fluid reservoir was empty. We were near harold Ford in sacramento, ca, so we dropped the truck off for repair. On 6/6/2016, the master cylinder and brake booster were replaced.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

May 272016

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. While driving 25 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, the brake pedal sank to the floorboard and failed to stop the vehicle without warning. As a result, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Irving, TX, USA

Apr 012016

F-150

There is an un-normal vibration when applying brakes. I think the rotors are bad.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 282016

F-150

Ford brake recall # 16V345 I want to report that the day after I received your warning notice, my brake's failed. I was lucky that it happened while I was backing out of a parking space at 2 mph and not on I-95 in heavy traffic doing 65 mph and towing a camper. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership, and they told me that they did not have a recall notice on my vehicle yet. However, because they had just done a complete brake overhaul on it in March, they only charged me a $ $100 deductible. They did say that if I received a recall notice from Ford, I could ask for a refund of the deductible. I have attached the invoices from both transactions. I would like to hear more from you regarding this and any more recalls on my vehicle

- Hanover, MD, USA

May 302016

F-150

In all braking scenarios, be it from 55mph+ to 0 or just a partial slow down the truck begins to shake and shimmy vigorously. It affects steering, stopping distance and is extremely unsafe. The issue is at its peak when coming to a complete stop at any red light or trying to brake and turn at the same time. Issue was diagnosed and seems to be a defect in Ford rotors as the brake pads are over 80% as stated by a Ford representative.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

May 262016

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 55 mph, the brakes failed and the low brake fluid warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V345000 (service brakes). The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Weaver, IA, USA

May 252016

F-150

Complete brake failure. I had to replace rotors, pads and add brake fluid yesterday to my 2013 F-150 with the 3.5 liter turbo boost. I have the receipts! I was told that the fluid was extremely low, pads were cracked and the rotors were wrapped. I spent over $700 and I have less than 54, 000 miles on this truck. Worst brakes I have ever had, now the brakes are spongy and the tech. Has no clue why; brakes were bleed twice but still same issue.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Oct 012013

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. While driving 55 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to stop the vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the rear brake pads were saturated with brake fluid. The rear brake pads were replaced at approximately 18,000, 21,000, 35,000, 50,000, and 65,000 miles; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Middlesex, NJ, USA