2013 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Apr 212014

F-150 6-cyl

During acceleration to highway speed during rainy weather my truck exhibited a power loss. The check engine light started to flash and the engine looses power and the vehicle decelerated. This has occurred 2 times since I have owned this vehicle (since December 2013). I have the truck in the shop now for another issue and have informed the dealer of the incidents but have not heard back from them.

- Alabaster, AL, USA

Aug 242013

F-150 6-cyl

During acceleration to pass a car, my truck exhibited a power loss. The check engine light starts flashing and the engine looses power and the truck decelerates. This has now happened 6 times in various conditions. In 3 instances the engine almost stalled. It continued to stutter until I put the truck in park, shut the engine off and restarted. Twice, this has happened in Chicago traffic while merging onto the highway and resulted in a very dangerous situation. I have taken my truck to the dealer 4 times but they say no computer codes were recorded. I have contacted Ford but the regional customer service manager says she has never heard of anyone with this problem before. They refuse to do anything about it and told me to continue to take my truck to the dealer when these issues occur. My truck is now 9 months old with 13,000 miles on it. The most recent occurrence was in March of this year.

- Granger, IN, USA

Apr 072014

F-150 6-cyl

I was at a stop sign turning into a main street, I accelerated to turn into the intersection when I attempted to accelerate the truck did not do anything. It was really nerve wrecking, I stepped on the gas like 3 times until the truck finally reacted. I almost got into a really bad accident which would of been my fault because of the cars defect. This is not the only time that this has happened to me, but is the most recent. They really need to do something about this! I took the truck to the dealer and was told that they cannot duplicate customers concern. This is a $43,000 truck and think that I should get what I have paid for not a little piece of crap.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 172013

F-150 6-cyl

The ecoboost engine looses power on take off in rainy weather. I has happened six times. The most recent was this morning 04/07/14. The problem occurs when the truck is taking off from a stop, such as traffic light or stop sign. The main problem seems to be the rain. After driving in rainy weather for a prolonged period of time the truck will not take off from a dead stop. The engine looses power and shakes violently. This morning while taking me daughter to school we pulled into traffic and tried to get up to speed. The engine failed and we had to pull to the side of the road. This has become a safety issue. It was not raining this morning but I did drive for several hours in the rain yesterday. I have contacted the dealer and they tell me my tuck already has the fix from Ford.

- Monticello, AR, USA

Apr 022014

F-150 6-cyl

When pulling out into traffic from a stop I experienced a sudden loss of power from the engine. The engine sputtered and it would not accelerate or increae RPM. After pumping the gas pedal twice the turbos finally kicked in and allowed mwe to once again accelerate. This loss of power while entering the roadway nearly caused a collision.

- Tigard, OR, USA

May 082013

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly decelerated without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 8,000.

- Harlan, IA, USA

Dec 292013

F-150 6-cyl

I was on my way home from visiting family and while passing a vehicle on route 113 in Maryland my truck suddenly lost power and the engine began shuddering while attempting to accelerate. The engine had reduced power and continued shuddering until I stopped trying to accelerate. Luckily, there were no other vehicles approaching in the opposite direction and I was able to abort passing the slower vehicle without incident. This occurred at approx. 1600 on a rainy day. The symptoms went away after approximately 10 minutes and I had no further issues.

- Moyock, NC, USA

Jan 222014

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, the engine began to hesitate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that water had entered the turbo booster and but they could not provide a remedy. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100. The VIN was unavailable.

- Eureka, SD, USA

Sep 152013

F-150 6-cyl

While entering I-275 after a football game, I was attempting to merge into traffic, and the acceleration was none existent. I was nearly run off the road by another driver. The acceleration finally kicked back in after approximately 5-7 seconds. The problem continued intermittently even after the vehicle was reprogrammed by Ford. Several months after the initial occurrence, while attempting to cross 3 lanes of traffic, the same problem occurred again and I was nearly T-boned by a semi after it stalled in the middle of the highway. After several seconds, the acceleration kicked in and I nearly plowed over a pedestrian. Ford seems to be oblivious that there is a problem.

- Lake Wales, FL, USA

Jan 112014

F-150 6-cyl

I had been driving on the highway in the rain for approximately 2 hours, when I needed to pass a semi-truck and pushed the accelerator pedal to accelerate the truck started to shudder and stall, with an accompanying flashing mil light. I let off the accelerator and the mil light became steady. I pulled off to the side of the road, shut-off the truck and opened the hood to see if there was any obvious cause to the misfire condition...and there was not. I restarted the truck, but the mil light remained illuminated steady. I drove conservatively home and hooked up my code reader to the obd-II port. It showed codes of P0300, P0305, and P0306...the freeze-frame data showed the condition occurred at 65 mph and 2578 rpms. I called the dealer and setup an appointment to have the truck inspected. The dealer applied Ford tsb 13-8-10 as the fix (don't know if this will fix the misfires or not). My truck has the 3.5L ecoboost motor.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Mar 302013

F-150 6-cyl

Vehicle will not start when parked on a decline of approximately 8% and fuel level below 1/4 of tank or less than 100 miles on fuel warning indicator. Low fuel warning light comes on and vehicle will not start until on level ground. I am not comfortable traveling off-road or in mountains if fuel level is below 1/4 tank as this issue may cause vehicle to stall resulting in an accident or being stranded.

- Allen, TX, USA

Jan 132014

F-150 6-cyl

Ford ecoboost engine. Traveling on state highway (one lane in each direction) at about 45mpg (speed limit was 55). I attempted to pass a slower car. I depressed the accelerator and move into the oncoming traffic lane. As I came even with the slower car, the engine cut out and I was only able to maintain a speed of 40 to 45 mph. Another car pulled in right behind me to also pass the slower car at the same time. A semi trailer crested the hill and was quickly approaching. I was unable to hit the breaks and return to my lane of traffic because the second passing car was accelerating quickly behind me and I was unable to accelerate at all because the engine was stalling. The second passing car realized something was wrong and hit the breaks allowing me to also slide back in line as the semi shifted onto the shoulder in his lane. We went three-wide on a two lane highway at highway speeds. After about a minute, the engine warning lights went out on the dash, the engine kicked back in. I was able to safely pass the slower car and traveled home. I took the truck to the local dealer for evaluation and they told me this is known to happen during rainy weather. Weather at time of incident, partly cloudy, around 4:30 in the afternoon. This is the third time my engine has cut out on me during acceleration. This is the only time to nearly wrap up four vehicles in a nasty wreck.

- Cameron, NC, USA

Jan 122014

F-150 6-cyl

When hard acceleration, vehicle losses all power and will not accelerate. This has almost caused a accident three different occasions. Ford dealer tells me they can't find a problem but there's other ecoboost owners with the same problem.

- Rutledge, GA, USA

Jan 022014

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the vehicle stalled as nd the check engine warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 8,000 and the current mileage was 8,100.

- Roanoke Rapids , NC, USA

Jan 022014

F-150 6-cyl

While driving my Ford ecoboost F-150 on I-40 on the way to work this morning I had a severe loss of power while merging onto the highway. I had to take evasive action to miss other traffic due to the sudden loss of power and others had to avoid me as well. This was a very dangerous and scary situation. I am taking my truck to the dealership for them to look at the problem. Conditions were damp and cold this morning while I was driving. I think this may be related to the wet / damp conditions that affect the ecoboost engines losing power.

- Garner, NC, USA

Dec 282013

F-150

After driving in rain for a couple hours in my ecoboost F150, I was merging onto an interstate where traffic required heavy acceleration and the vehicle stalled from 60-65 abruptly to 45 mph. The vehicle shuttered and would not accelerate back to highway speeds for nearly a minute. The engine ran extremely rough and was unresponsive to throttle input from driver. I had my family with me and was very upset that we could have been in a very bad accident. The dealership did not inform me of problems with the ecoboost at the time of sale, even though this problem has been going on since the ecoboost introduction. This is a serious safety issue and I find the NHTSA has failed to recall these trucks. The dealership where purchased is marler Ford, near alexandria, la. You are not to use my personal information in anyway except to handle this complaint. Which includes but not limited to selling or otherwise providing this information to outside agencies.

- Ball, LA, USA

Jun 192013

F-150 6-cyl

Wipers not working right--battery light comes on - engine stalls on road while driving--gauges not working right-had speed set at 55 mph and motor went down but start up on it's own---radio stops working alone with the phone too; they but in a new battery on my request and now new things are happening to gauges an tack jumping up and down with the key out"?" alarm goes off some times when my phone rings an I am not in the truck!!!

- Plainfield, IN, USA

Nov 212013

F-150 6-cyl

My family and I were driving on an interstate in dallas. The vehicle was a 2013 Ford F150 ecoboost. It was towards the end of morning rush hour traffic. I traveling approximately 60 mph and went to pass an 18-wheeler. I accelerated to pass it, when the entire truck started violently shaking. The check engine came on and the engine immediately lost power. The trucks engine was unable maintain highway speeds and I feared we would be struck by another vehicle. We were able to limp it off the highway without any further incidents. Fortunately this didn't happen on a two lane road while attempted to pass another vehicle.

- Manchaca, TX, USA

Dec 212013

F-150 6-cyl

This is the third time the vehicle has done this to me while driving at highway speeds the vehicle (ecoboost motor) the engine has shuddered and lost all powers when attempting to pass another vehicle or accelerate. On the first instance I was on a two lane road attempting to accelerate to pass a semi truck when the truck started missing so bad it choked out and shut down in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic I had to swerve into a ditch to avoid a head on collision. The second time was on a four lane during a 45 minuet drive when I went to pass it lost all power causing me to drop to 40 miles an hour in the passing lane of a highway causing many vehicles to swerve to avoid collision. The most recent time was when same as the second going to pass somebody the truck lost all acceleration would not get out of the way of traffic nearly causing another accident. I have had it into the dealer several times and I am constantly getting we see the history code but we can not reproduce the problem. This problem has left me feeling unsafe to drive my vehicle and hurting resale value as well as putting my safety on the line.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Dec 042013

F-150

TL- the contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle stalled and the engine warning illuminated. Approximately 15 seconds the vehicle responded and accelerated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 17,300.

- Mobile, AL, USA