2013 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 8 of 10)

Apr 242013

F-150 8-cyl

Reduced engine power during hard accelerations with the 5.0 V8 engine. Safety issue pulling out into traffic or needing to accel for any reason.

- Athens, AL, USA

Apr 032013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without any warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 3,000 and the current mileage was 6,700.

- College Station , TX, USA

Aug 092013

F-150 6-cyl

I was traveling on the highway behind a truck towing a big camper. When I got a chance to try and pass him I got over to go around him and went to accelerate and my truck lost all power (check engine light started flashing) and I had to apply brake hard to slow back down to get back behind the truck. Luckily there was not anyone behind me so I was able to get back over. I had to pull over and set and the check engine light finally went out and truck started running fine. I took my truck into Ford and they say nothing is wrong with it. This is a 2013 F150 with the ecoboost 3.5 engine with less than 11K miles. I'm afraid to even drive it now.

- Rittman, OH, USA

Aug 012013

F-150 6-cyl

While attempting to pass a semi truck after driving a constant speed of 65 in arizonas humid monsoon season, under hard acceleration my F150 had a sudden loss of power along with a very strange shudder and loud revving sound. After I let off the accelerator and pulled behind the semi I was attempting to pass (due to on coming traffic), the truck ran normal. The dealership was unable duplicate the issue. The conditions were different the day of test drive and the truck was not driven at highway speeds for nearly as long. This could be a very serious issue that needs resolved immediately.

- Bagdad , AZ, USA

Aug 022013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F150. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure recurred twice however, the contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 940.

- Briggsville , WI, USA

Jul 312013

F-150 6-cyl

The first time the incident happen I was driving about 30 mph on a bright sunny day about 70 degrees out. I tried to go around a car and when pressed the accelerator the vehicle kind of stalled and shook, did not accelerate at all. I let off the pedal and tried again and it accelerated fine. There wasn't much danger involved in this mishap as the other driver and I were the only 2 vehicles on the road for a fare amount of distance. The second time this happened is what really worried me. I was leaving a gas station preparing to cross a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 55 mph. This time it was morning about 65 degrees and sunny, I rolled up to the intersection and when an opportunity to cross was presented I pressed on the accelerator and the vehicle shook pretty bad and the engine about died. I hit the brake and the engine worked itself out of the shake. That's when I realized this issue is life threatening. If I would have pressed the accelerator and the vehicle brought me to the center of the highway and stalled there is a very good chance I could have been T-boned! and to top it off another issue I have been having with my 2013 Ford F-150 platinum is the bluetooth is rarely capable of syncing to my iphone, so I were to be T-boned the vehicle would have been incapable of utilizing its 911 assist feature and the injured involved in the accident would have to rely on a witness dialing 911.

- Watertown, SD, USA

Feb 012013

F-150 6-cyl

I purchased my 2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost in December 2012. The first incident occurred in approximately March 2013. It was raining. I was accelerating from a stop light where I had made a complete stop. I could not gain speed very well. The engine light was flashing. The engine was sputtering/popping and the whole truck was shaking violently. The same has occurred ever since on more than a dozen occasions and at various speeds. However, each time was while it was raining. Never has had a problem in fair weather. I experience a total loss of power, many times when on the interstate or while trying to overcome a vehicle. The front-end lurches, I lose speed dramatically, the engine shakes violently when I accelerate. The engine sputters and sounds like it doesn't know whether to choke out or blow up. The engine light flashes for approximately 1 minute each time. Almost sounds like a misfire. Happens several times during one trip often, but always when it rains. Continuous occurrences and beginning to become more frequent. Have taken my truck to 2 dealerships, neither of which can detect any dtcs or any other problem. Offer no advice other than to keep driving it until the engine light stays on permanently. They have no idea what causes the problem. I am really afraid that the problem may result in a motor vehicle accident. Have not had one yet, but have a had a couple of incidents where I had to pull over to avoid an accident. Problem is so persistent that I am considering trading vehicles, especially since I have been offered no remedy for the problem. I have also filed a complaint with Ford Motor Co. On 07/30/2013.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Jun 232013

F-150 6-cyl

I was driving my new 2013 F150 ecoboost in the rain and I tried to pull to the left to pass a slower car on the highway. As I went to give it gas, about 90% throttle, the truck felt like it hit a brick wall, stuttered and started shaking. The check engine light came on and I was unable to drive the car about 55 mph. If I tried to drive past that it would just shake. The truck had no power. I drove it like this for about five minutes and then the check engine light went off and everything was ok. On the way back about a week later, once again in the rain, the same thing happened. Since then I have tried to duplicate this in dry conditions and the truck performs perfect. Only when it is wet outside does this problem happen.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jul 192013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph in rainy weather, he attempted to pass another vehicle when the engine stalled with the illumination of the check engine warning indicator. The engine resumed normally within ten seconds. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where a diagnostic was performed. The technician stated that the failure was related to the eco boost engine, however there was not a remedy available for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 6,000.

- Waterloo, IA, USA

Jul 212013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 44 mph, the vehicle stalled as the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air deflector plate needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 16,000.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Jun 232013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled as the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 27,000 and the current mileage was 38,000.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 102013

F-150 6-cyl

Just bought this truck for a great deal of money. This has happened several times, with both my wife and I. driving at low and higher speeds trying to merge or pass another vehicle. As we apply the accelerator to pass or merge there is a lose of power and the truck almost stalls. We have almost been in 6 accidents because of this issue. I took my truck back to phil long of Colorado springs, co. And was told I was lying and they have not had any other complaints and they could look at it for $150 as my truck is brand new and still under warranty, im not happy I cant drive my truck safely and feel like Ford has let me down. Don't seem to be getting any post sale customer service. Please help.

- Colorado Springs , CO, USA

Jul 082013

F-150 6-cyl

After a prolonged period (8+ hours) of driving at highway speeds in frequent rain the vehicle shuddered and stalled (without completely dying) while in a passing maneuver. The service engine light flashed multiple times then went out. As a consequence of the power loss my vehicle was unresponsive to accelerator input and resulted in compromised safety between two rapidly converging vehicles. After approximately 10 -15 seconds the engine resumed normal operation.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jul 132013

F-150 6-cyl

As I was passing a slow moving tractor trailer in my brand new 2013 Ford F-150 limited V6 ecoboost with only 345 miles on it, on a two lane hwy in light rain well into the pass the vehicle just lost power almost causing me to have a head on collision with an oncoming vehicle. After talking to one of my friends who works at a Ford dealer told me that this is a big problem with the Ford ecoboost engine. I took it the dealer I purchased the vehicle from and was told by the service agent that this is a common problem and that the Ford engineers are working on a fix but haven't found one as of yet. How can I trust this vehicle to get me were I am going safely.

- Quitman, GA, USA

Jul 142013

I was trying to pass another car when my engine stalled. I was going about 45 to 50 mph when I went to accelerate around the car and my engine completely stalled and lost power. The transmission light appeared. It had been raining alot and was humid and wet although not actively raining at time of malfunction. I drive a new Ford F150 V6 with ecoboost technology.

- Evans, GA, USA

Jul 142013

F-150 6-cyl

While accelerating, vehicle lost power and started shuddering with the check engine flashing. Could not accelerate while the light was flashing for about 20-30 seconds. After light went out truck started driving normal again.

- Angier, NC, USA

Jul 012013

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, there was a loss of engine power for several seconds without warning. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The contact was waiting on a response from the dealer related to the defect. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 30. The VIN was unavailable.

- Reston, VA, USA

Jul 062013

F-150 6-cyl

While driving in rainy conditions at 55 mph, the driver accelerated which kicked into passing gear. At this time the steering wheel began to shake violently, the vehicle lost all power (though remained on) and decelerated to about 45 mph on it's own. The check engine light began blinking and remained lit for appx 1 minute. Once it went off the vehicle regained normal operations. However, when attempting to accelerate again the same issue occurred. The next day in dry conditions the same situation occurred when accelerating quickly to pass only this time the check engine light stayed on. The same situation has not occurred again, though the light remains on. It is scheduled to go into the dealership tonight.

- Orlinda, TN, USA

Jul 062013

F-150 6-cyl

Pulling a trailer to field when smoke appeared and engine area was on fire.

- Lewistown, MO, USA

Jul 042013

F-150 6-cyl

While merging onto a highway via an on ramp in rainy conditions I was almost involved in an accident when my 2013 Ford F150 ecoboost equipped truck lost power and would not accelerate. I was forced to the shoulder as the approaching tractor trailer was unable to stop in time and the impending collision would have caused serious harm to my family. The check engine light flashed for a few moments as we drove slowly on the shoulder and then it went off. No further highway travel was used following this potentially catastrophic incident due to the rainy conditions. One additional incident occurred with the truck one month prior but did not result in the check engine light. When pulling out of a parking lot onto a busy street the truck hesitated for a few moments before finally accelerating. When the truck finally responded a large smoke cloud appeared behind the truck and the engine revved much higher than normal. Until the recent event we thought it was an isolated incident. There was no rain or excessive moisture in the air on this particular day.

- Dothan, AL, USA