2014 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford F-150:

2014 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 312016

Driver's side rear window explosion after running defroster for 10 mins. Sounded like a gun was discharged inside of vehicle while sitting in driveway very unsafe! had to pay out of pocket as it was a liability to drive with shattered glass and Ford would not cover under esp.

- Purcellville, VA, USA

Aug 082016

Low brake fluid level light came on while driving and brake pedal went to floor board.took truck to shop and they said seal leaked on master cylinder and fluid went into booster.had them replace booster and master cylinder

- Portland, TX, USA

Aug 152015

Brake reservoir lost all fluid resulting in brake loss, after traveling 60 miles pulling an rv. On our first trip over the Continental divide we stopped for the nite the next morning we had no brakes and found the reservoir completely dry. Called Ford roadside assistance and were told it would cost $462 to get the truck to the dealer where I purchased the truck. I refilled the brake reservoir and drove home pulling the rv over the mountains to home. Ford told me that couldn't happen but it did they replaced the master cylinder under warranty and gave me a loaner car.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Feb 032016

Driving down the highway at about 65 mph on a flat straightaway, 33 outside, and hear a noise like a gun went off. The rear passengers side window on the driver's side completely shattered. Dealer took a picture and Ford said something must have hit it due to the large lower hole with a radial pattern. There was nothing inside of the truck and of course the hole was large now due to falling apart with every bump I hit driving it to the dealership. I think Ford has a problem with their windows and of course blame it on the customer.

- Arnold, MO, USA

Jul 142014

First, I crank my vehicle and allow to engine to warm approximately 3-5 minutes each day as usual. Once I begin driving a "loud humming" or unusual noise happens usually once I reach 30-40 miles per hour. This will happen several times during my driving time, and then cease all of a sudden. I am very disappointed with this issue because I just purchased vehicle on June 20, 2014 and now I am having issues with it. I was able to finally get into my local dealer (point of purchase also) to get a tech to ride with me because no lights come on during noise time. I am very frustrated with estabrook Ford in pascagoula right now. I called on July 17 to set up "check" for vehicle, but was told that they were very busy and could not check it until next week. I scheduled to have a leave vehicle at dealer overnight and return next morning so that tech could ride with me to "listen" for noise. Upon arrival, I was told that they tried to call me to reschedule because 3 techs and oil changer guy had walked off job. Well, this is untrue because I have had same number for 2 years, and have taken my vehicles in for oil change, etc. I told them that I could not take off work to bring vehicle back and I waited for tech to ride with me. Tech rode with me (very nice guy) and heard sound. He stated that it sounds like transmission because the noise occurs during shifting. They scheduled me to return vehicle this Wednesday after I get off work (August 5) to put it on rack to attempt to repair problem. My other issue is with Ford corporation! I am very frustrated to know that I may have ongoing issues with a "new purchase."

- Moss Point, MS, USA

Apr 252015

This complaint is for the trailer towing and handling of my Ford F150 pickup with trailer tow packages, and integrated trailer brake rated at almost 8,000 gvwr. We have experienced excessive and dangerous trailer swaying with a 25 ft trailer on multiple occasions that weighs under 6000lbs. We have a load equalizing hitch along with sway control on the hitch. After reading other internet articles and discussing with my local Ford dealer they recommend upgrading the tires from the "P" series passenger car rated tires (P275/65R18), to a "load range E" truck tire. Its suggested that the wimpy side wall on "P" rated tires are allowing the sway motion to get out of control. If this is really the problem, then Ford is misrepresenting the towing capabilities of their truck. Who puts car tires on their trucks? its going to cost me up to $1200 in new tires to find out if this is the fix. Ford is ignoring this issue saying I just need to buy heavier duty tires and mine only have 1000 miles on them.

- Fort Scott, KS, USA