CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

2015 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

F-150

During below freezing temperatures intermittently the drivers door won't latch repeated closing of the door and cycling of the locks don't work. Warmer temps later let it latch. During below freezing temperatures intermittently the left rear door won't unlatch repeated cycling of the locks have no effect. Warmer temps later let it open. Glare from the chrome dash vent cause a very distracting glare on the window when using the drivers side view mirror. At a glance both sideview mirrors seem ok but when you scan across them they appear to have been obtained from a funhouse, distracting.

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

Feb 102016

F-150

I have had over a dozen problems with the door locks in cold weather. The doors will not open and some time later you can get one open then they will not shut the door will bounce back. Once I get about 10 mikes down the road with the heater blasting wide open they will finally latch closed. I have been to two dealers and no help. Stationary and driving.

- Milford, OH, USA

Jan 012016

F-150

At temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the door locks and lock mechanisms will intermittently freeze in an opened or closed position. At times, doors will not stay shut when attempts are made to close them from the inside; this occurs on all 4 doors. When the vehicle is in motion, the doors have opened, requiring the passenger and/or driver to physically hold the door closed. The problem has been inspected by the local Ford dealer, however they stated that Ford has not released a reliable remedy for the problem. Other customers had their vehicles in repair for the same reason.

- Grand Forks, ND, USA

F-150

Doors won't latch when temperature gets below 20 degrees farenheit. Dealer has tried twice to fix it with no luck. Serious safety issue as I never know when the door will unlatch

- Mentor, OH, USA

F-150

Back doors latches will not release. I have tried to open them in a heated garage (65 degrees) but to no avail. Dealer has informed me that parts are on a back order and not due till late February.

- Southgate, MI, USA

Jan 192016

F-150

In temperatures under freezing, the drivers side front and rear door would not open from the outside. Was only able to open from the inside. After opening from the inside, the doors would not close and secure shut. Need to hold the door in order to drive the vehicle. The potential for the door to open while driving is possible as the driver may not be aware!! totally unacceptable quality as this is a big safety problem secondly, as a result of the frozen doors, the drivers side front and rear door locks will not function... the doors remain unlocked and will not lock, neither with the power function or manually.... another quality and safety problem.

- Newmarket Ontario Can. L3x1n3, OR, USA

Dec 012015

F-150

In below freezing temperatures I was unable to open both of my rear doors from the inside or out. I had to crawl over the seat and manual unlock the door. I am concerned for the safety of my young child should the doors fail and I need to remove her in an emergency.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

F-150

Door latch on 2015 Ford F150 malfunctioned during freezing temperatures. On Monday, January 11  2016 my truck had been started using the remote start and ran for 10+ minutes (heat on),when I entered my truck and began backing out of the driveway, I noticed the door ajar light was on along with all overhead lights, the driver's side door was still ajar and would not latch. After numerous attempt to close the door it only latched after the truck warmed up.  the outside temperature at the time was 27 degrees, and truck had not been exposed to rain or washed in five days. Afrer researching online and many forums, I have noticed that this is an issue that has been identified on F150's manufactured in 2015. However, when I called Ford motor customer service they advised according to their records they have no issues for my F150 which was manufactured in August 2015. Dealer wants the truck brought in and left with them, I am not a fan of spraying a lube on door latch and claiming it's fixed.  Ford nor the dealer would answer my question of how did you resolve the issue with previous F150's that had this same issue or have you had any F150 trucks recently with this issue? appointment is being scheduled with dealer asap. Ford should issue a recall to permanently fix door latching mechanism, so doors latch in low temperatures. From my understanding this is an issue on more 2015 F150's than just the ones manufactured prior to March 2015. No matter the weather, you shouldn't have the worry of your door closing...especially on a new vehicle. Ford advised me that they would make you aware of the issue and I just wanted to make sure that you knew about the issue and voice my concerns.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Jan 132016

F-150

While driving brand new 2015 F150xlt supercrew with 6.5ft bed I was full stopped about 20ft behind a car that was waiting for another car to turn as I looked up in rear view mirror saw another truck coming behind me down hill at approximatley 45mph the speed limit on the state route 2 lane just before entering town. I heard him lock up his brakes and slam into the back of my truck pushing me 15 to 20ft slamming me into the SUV in front of me hitting me at dead stop square on in the back driving me square on into vehicle infront of me, no airbag ever deployed I was thrust agianst the steering wheel in a snapping action. The impact was so forcefull it moved the supercrew back seat from the down position to the full upright and locked in place position agianst the back of the cab. The truck was only 6 days old with 370 miles on it. With that impact front and back I would think airbags would have deployed. The force of the impact bent the frame down in the back and bent the frame up in the front see the attached pictures.

- Lexington, OH, USA

Jan 122016

F-150

Doors not latching and lock S not working in freezing temperatures. On several occasions when the temperature drops below freezing, the door latches will not engage when you close the door. Also, the door locks will not operate. I have had to drive my vehicle while holding the driver's door closed with my hand until it warmed up enough for the door latch to work. There is a tsb for this issue. Tsb 15-0052. It calls for the removal of all 4 door panels. Inspect latches and cables. Apply grease to all components and then reassemble the door panels. Tsb work was done by marysville Ford in marysville, wa on 12-2-2015. Problem still exists. Vehicle was taken back to dealership and kept for 2 more days on January 12 2016. Service department can not replicate problem in heated shop. Service department told me they contacted the Ford service hotline and was told there is no fix at this time. At this time I am not able to fully use my vehicle in below freezing temperatures. This is a safety concern for driver and passengers. Can not latch door to drive vehicle and if in an accident the locks would not release trapping passengers inside the vehicle. Ford needs to address this issue and provide a recall immediately.

- Marysville, WA, USA

F-150

Doors latches do not function correctly in freezing conditions. Door will not latch closed thus forcing me to drive with a door that is not secured and could swing open.

- Decherd, TN, USA

F-150

This morning the temp. Was 6 degrees outside, my truck was parked in the garage I opened the door got in and started the vehicle. Once I tried to close the door driver door it wouldn't latch close. I tried to unlock/lock it from inside and outside the vehicle but still would latch closed. Instead of getting it toed to a dealer I had to drive while holding my door closed. Once I got to work (30 mile drive) the door began to latch again... this put me in a safety risk and it is a common occurrence with the new F150's from reading the forum community. Please help get Ford to fix it. The dealer just wanted to spray lube externally on the door mechanism which does nothing.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Mar 272015

F-150

Drivers side sideview mirror glass is loose and will shake going over bumps or driving at highway speeds. During particularly high wind, bumpy highway travel, it can be extremely difficult to discern what you are seeing in the mirror, making it very difficult and unsafe to perform lane changes. This has been described by Ford Motor Company as an "unfavorable characteristic of the vehicle".

- Williston, VT, USA