CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

6.6

2015 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 192016

F-150

Electronic throttle body assembly (etb) failed. Vehicle has 8206 miles on it. Bought brand new. While driving on a fairly untraveled road the engine power was cut and I had to coast to a safe location. The accelerator only allowed for a speed under ~4 mph which I needed to get on the side street. This happened again as I was exciting my driveway which is on a dangerous street due to curves (luckily there were no cars coming from either direction). This has been an issue with Ford and Mercury vehicles since at least 2010 based on my research. Ntsb has failed to have Ford recall their vehicles to replace this system. This issue results in (my experience) complete loss of power to the engine. It may also lead to full power to the engine. If either occurs it has a potential to result in injury or death (sudden slowdown in high speed traffic or sudden increase in velocity in an area with pedestrians). I do not understand why the ntsb has not made Ford conduct a recall considering the potential danger this may cause. Ntsb has known about this issue but has failed to force Ford to correct it. The issue appears to have started with the Fusion/escape (plus two Mercury vehicles) and is now happening in F-150 trucks. I do not know if it is happening in other Ford/Mercury lines. Ford has failed to adequately prepare for their "we'll fix it as it happens" (so much for customer care) and I am now out of a vehicle for at least two weeks. Very disappointed in this company as I felt it was worth purchasing an american truck and that Ford was the number one world wide.

- North Grafton, MA, USA

Jun 162016

F-150

"check brake or check brake controller" appears on dash. Has occured twice in first 8,000 miles. Dealers clear code the brakes seem to be fine. Now " check hill decent" has appeared and truck will not accelerate more than 2-3 mph. This has occured twice in first 8,000 miles on city streets in motion or when starting from a stop light.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 192016

F-150

While driving on freeway at approximately 55 mph vehicle suddenly lost power. Several emergency lights sequenced on. I realized that engine was still running at idle and that vehicle kept moving at approximately 15 mph. Got off road and shut down vehicle and restarted it. Same problem existed. At idol speed vehicle would slowly move. Pressing accelerator pedal did nothing. Ford representative indicates that this is a widespread problem. No info yet on redesigned replacement part. I was told by dealership that the problem is the "throttle body motor assembly". I received no information from Ford prior to this incident and do not see a recall.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Feb 192016

F-150

Got on I-95 South driving 65 mph smelling gasoline opened closed windows turned of and on A/C still smelling gasoline got off the highway at commerical blvd exit. Got out of vehicle to see gasoline pouring down from drivers side rear in front of right rear tire walked about 200 feet dialed 911 contacted police and fire.. fire truck spread chemicals on floor now truck is in Ford to repair the gas leak.. when I have the repair bill I will know the exact part replaced. If the truck would have caught fire I would be dead there is no way to exit a burning vehicle at 65 mph.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 112015

F-150

After morning startup, vehicle stumbled, hesitated on acceleration into traffic. Vehicle stalled after approximately driving 1 mile. Would re-start, only idle, then stall when put into drive and attempted to re-enter traffic. I had towed to closest Ford dealership for warranty repairs. My vehicle was returned over two weeks later. The service invoice outlined that the low pressure fuel pump was found bad, shorted and connecting plug to harness melted. They replaced fuel pump and repaired harness plug. Vehicle was not fixed. Over the two week period the vehicle was at the dealership, the fuel pump driver, body control module, and last the engine control module was replaced to repair the problem. My major concern is the melted fuel pump plug. I would think there would be adequate fusible link protection to keep this kind of problem from happening especially when affecting an in tank fuel pump. This might lead to fuel fires and also accidents due to loss of power from the engine. I was fortunate to be able to safely get my vehicle on the road shoulder, and then onto a side street with minimal traffic. Another issue is that one device failure creating failures in multiple vehicle control systems that would cost the consumer thousands of dollars out of warranty to repair. I was told that a Ford field engineer was sent to assist the dealership, after his visit, the ECM was replaced which made the vehicle functional again. Adequate overcurrent protection on the fuel pump should have prevented damaging the other critical parts. Ford has put a lot of these vehicles on the road with the fuel efficiency new engineering as a major marketing tool. I fear the vehicle may have been rushed to production with inherent flaws that could be a danger to owners and the public.

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA