Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

2015 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 092016

My fiancÉE and I were driving down the highway, with no cruise control on, and suddenly my sensors go off as if I was about to hit something. Then after a second (probably was only a split-second, but it felt like forever), it went away. If adaptive cruise control would have been enabled, this would have caused the brakes to automatically press (I know because this has happened to me before). I was passing a semi, if that helps. This is a very dangerous issue (sensors thinking they are going to hit something, when it should be nothing). I wish I had a video of it happening, but it only has happened 3 times for at most 3 seconds in the the 1.5 years I have owned the vehicle.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Sep 282016

I was driving down the highway, with no cruise control on, and suddenly my sensors go off as if I was about to hit something. Then after a second (probably was only a split-second, but it felt like forever), it went away. If adaptive cruise control would have been enabled, this would have caused the brakes to automatically press (I know because this has happened to me before). This is a very dangerous issue (sensors thinking they are going to hit something, when it should be nothing). I wish I had a video of it happening, but it only has happened 3 times for at most 3 seconds in the the 1.5 years I have owned the vehicle.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Oct 102016

I noticed the front passenger brake overheating. The place I bought it from agree to replace pads and rotors. That didn't fix it, took it to Ford and they replaced caliper, but that didn't fix its at Ford again! front passenger brake overheating even more than before! I'm afraid to drive it with my family in it for fear of potential brake failure/fire! truck is at mullinax Ford on northlake blvd in palm beach gardens Florida.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Apr 102015

Require conveying title or a royalty free license to government free §20448.

- Montclair, CA, USA

Jun 252016

The advance track warning light and fuel assist start warning lit up then the engine speed decreased to 1000 rpms and no acceloration available this happened on ann state highway from 70 mph dropping down to 10 mph this took over 30 days to fix. Seemed to be missed diagnosed for weeks. Mechanics unable to find problem. Parts were shipped and delayed and lost. Wiring harnesses and PCM and finally throttle body seemed to correct the problem. Mixed up because computer told mechanics one thing but really another.

- New Glarus, WI, USA

May 302016

While driving on the highway I heard a loud pop, I thought something had hit the front window but nothing. I turned to look at the back of the truck and all of the rear window was shattered (spiderwebs). Nothing could've have hit the glass because I was driving on the highway. I took it to the dealership on a Tuesday and they filed the claim with Ford. Ford did not respond until 10 days later stating they would not fix it because the dealership did not find a cause for the shattered window. Wtf!!!! it shattered on its own that's the freaking cause...I called the service manager was told he would return my call and until now I haven't heard from him. I do not understand why is there no recall if there has been so many complaints, Ford needs to do something about this asap!! worst service ever, last Ford I ever buy!!!!

- Houston, TX, USA

May 312016

Brake failure. Pedal went completely to the floor. Warning light indicated low fluid. Took immediately for service and it was determined that the master cylinder had failed and also brake fluid had leaked into the booster. Brake fluid reservoir was completely empty. The vehicle had been stationary for a couple of days before driving. Warning light came on after first attempt to apply brakes. Vehicle was driven to Ford dealer with very minimal braking ability but not complete loss.

- Middleton, WI, USA

Jun 022016

2015 Ford F150 purchased new, less than 6 months old while operating at highway speed, heard a loud "clunk" sound loses all power, all warning lights activate on the panel. Has occurred three times in the past week. Fortunately able to pull to the side of the road. Able to restart the vehicle. Is currently at dealership and they are attempting to identify the issue. Significant highway safety hazard.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Dec 182015

Getting on the interstate with my daughter and wife in truck and the gas pedal is stuck, there was no where to pull over so I took the next exit and put truck in N and shut it off. This was at 4000 miles. Called dealership they said they really couldn't help because there was no code. Then a few months later it happened again on the highway, this time we could pull over and my wife video taped it and took back to dealership and demanded something be done. They replaced the gas pedal in hopes that it works. This happened at 8000 miles. Also the rear passenger door doesn't latch in freezing temps. The dealership couldn't find a problem so it was not fixed.

- Bonduel, WI, USA

Jan 092016

I received a recall notice from Ford telling me to bring the truck to the dealer to have the adaptive cruise control reprogrammed. I did have this work done. After the work was done I had an incident where I was passing an 18 wheeler and the truck set off the collision warning alarm and applied the brakes hard. If someone was following closely it would have been a collision. There was no traffic in my lane for at least 1/4 mile ahead. Ford has not been helpful in resolving this issue and their only suggestion is to turn off the adaptive cruise control. I paid a lot of money for what I feel is an important and useful safety feature and want Ford to fix the system so it will not malfunction and possibly cause a rear end collision.

- Martinsville, IN, USA

Feb 182016

When cold, doors do not latch securely and door will appear a jar in gauge cluster as well as being a jar. In addition doors have popped open while in motion because they are not securely closed.

- Bloomingdale, NY, USA

Feb 122016

Ive had a couple issues with the door latches on my truck. When the weather gets below freezing my passenger door will not latch without messing with the door locks and slamming it several times. I just spent 15 minutes out in -4 degree weather trying to get it to close. I've had it serviced once and it still does it. In researching this issue, I also read online of other people having the same problems. Seems like a pretty big safety hazard if you live in a northern climate where it gets cold.

- Graettinger, IA, USA

Feb 022016

I own a 2015 F150 with a very frustrating issue. It seems the door locks cease working during cold temperatures. The issue is sporadic, and affects either all doors, or some of the doors when it occurs. The first time I noticed this, was in the morning. To my surprise, my son was able to open my door without unlocking it. I recall locking it and hearing the beep the night before. I asked my son to shut the door, I clicked the lock button twice and heard the honk. I then went to open the door and it opened! my truck had been left unsecured through the night, and many other nights for all I know. I thought this may have been a fluke, so I went about my day, and did not experience this again for about a week. When I experienced this again, I was on a lunch break and I had driven to a local spot where I like to jog. When I do this, I leave my key in the truck and use the keypad feature as to avoid carrying everything with me. I pushed down the locking rod, shut the door and went on my jog. When I returned, I entered in my code, I heard an unlocking noise (turned out to just be my tailgate), but I could not open my door. I tried again, but again was unable to open my door. I tried my other doors, no luck. I was stuck without keys, wallet, phone (in my truck). I had to find a ride home to get my other key to manually unlock the door. I ended up missing the rest of work, even missed an important meeting. This last happened with my son in the back seat, where he was unable to open the door from the inside, and I was unable to open the door from outside, and this simply got my imagination running to the potential safety risk. It is now at a dealer who cannot duplicate, so no fix. This all not to mention the inch of water I had at my feet when it leaked, or the loose part in the driver door knocking around that they "cant" duplicate. Major qc concern.

- South Ogden, UT, USA

Jan 012016

At temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the door locks and lock mechanisms will intermittently freeze in an opened or closed position. At times, doors will not stay shut when attempts are made to close them from the inside; this occurs on all 4 doors. When the vehicle is in motion, the doors have opened, requiring the passenger and/or driver to physically hold the door closed. The problem has been inspected by the local Ford dealer, however they stated that Ford has not released a reliable remedy for the problem. Other customers had their vehicles in repair for the same reason.

- Grand Forks, ND, USA

Dec 032015

New 2015 F150 with a vibration/ shudder coming from what feels like the transfer case or possibly the drive shaft. Happens when trying to shift from gear to gear, and on inclines...feels like it is going to stall. Also happens when just cruising at certain speeds. I've had it to the dealer twice and they say everything is fine but they have felt the same problem with this vehicle and ones on their lot. Vibration could lead to more serious problem and actually stall the vehicle while in traffic.

- Holmen, WI, USA

Jan 112016

This morning the temp. Was 6 degrees outside, my truck was parked in the garage I opened the door got in and started the vehicle. Once I tried to close the door driver door it wouldn't latch close. I tried to unlock/lock it from inside and outside the vehicle but still would latch closed. Instead of getting it toed to a dealer I had to drive while holding my door closed. Once I got to work (30 mile drive) the door began to latch again... this put me in a safety risk and it is a common occurrence with the new F150's from reading the forum community. Please help get Ford to fix it. The dealer just wanted to spray lube externally on the door mechanism which does nothing.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Jan 062016

Under cold temperature (below freezing) my driver door would not latch close. It has happed early in the morning (first drive) and after my drive to work in the parking lot. It has happened two mornings in a row: First morning temperature was 20F and second morning was 33F. The inside handle feels harder to press prior to the door stopping to latch. As soon as the temperature get warmer the door works fine. Ford has issued a technical service bulletin (15-0052) for this issue for trucks built prior to March 2015, but my truck (8/2015 built) and a co-worker's truck built after March are experiencing the same issue. Forum on the internet are buzzing with this issue now that temperatures have dropped below freezing.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Jan 042016

Driver's door, not securing when temperature is below freezing can be opened, but the latch in the door fails to secure the door. This occurred three times to me so far, returned to the dealer and they put more lube in the mechanism. When the truck warms up(interior heater for about 15 minutes) the door can be secured. Happened even when we haven't had rain for four days and the truck was not washed. I see the exact same problem posted on F150 forums. Vehicle was stationary when this occurred but was being driven to the dealer with unsecured drivers door.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Nov 172015

Accident Nov. 17, 2015 - someone ran a red light and turned in from of us - damage to bumper, grill, seemed rather light, but "rails" were damaged. Parts unavailable for repair. Local dealer has had our truck for 50 days now- more than we've had it. Parts are not available in the supply chain and no one knows when they will be available. I've been told that all parts are going to production, and was even told that there aren't any now for production because the manufacturer of this particular part made them wrong and had to re-make the order. I've been told that there is another vehicle there that has been waiting 3-4 months for parts! I need my truck back and can't wait that long for repairs that should have taken 2 weeks, max. If Ford is willing to sell me a vehicle (over $45,000) then they should have a system in place to get even the less frequently needed parts when they are needed. I want a replacement F-150 since they are unwilling to provide the needed replacement parts. The insurance company is paying for a rental car, but it's a compact, very uncomfortable, and it certainly can't tow the travel trailer that we use at least every other weekend. We have already missed 4 trips and who knows when we'll get our truck back. We are a one-vehicle, very active family, so this has been a horrible inconvenience for us. Ford owes us a new F-150! and they need to shape up their customer care! we've only owned our truck for a little over a month, 2,000 miles.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 292015

Air cooled seats do not work. Bottom of seats barely cools on highest setting and lower back part gets hotter and doesn't cool at all. I do hear the fans running. It worked for only a week after I bought it and it has not worked after that for 3 months.

- Willow Springs, IL, USA