CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

2015 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 142016

F-150

During a accident where I rear ended another vehicle that was either stopped or at a very slow roll on a off-ramp (traffic was backed up from a wreck further up), neither my airbags or my seat belt restrained me. The result being me hitting the steering wheel with my chest and abdomen. I had bruising on my lower abdomen and extensive injuries to my back, neck and hips. The chiropractor hopes to have me back to 80-90% of "normal" (how I was before the wreck) within 2-2 1/2 months. I estimate my speed upon impact to be between 50-60 mph.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 222016

F-150

I was going on a trip I have a 1 yr old sister in law I had to put her baby car seat I wanted to put her in the middle away from the sides and to my surprise the middle seatbelt does not work it would of been the first time using the seatbelt I've contacted dealerships and contacted headquarters and they have been no help telling me it could be 5 to 6 days just to look at it my thing is why isn't a seatbelt issue being taken serious. In my opinion it's a very serious issue any help would greatly appreciated.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 132016

F-150

I was involved in an accident on June 13, 2016 on a local city road at an intersection; where a vehicle failed to yield to right of way, causing me to hit them head on, on their front passenger side. I was temporarily knocked unconscious, and sustained 2 broken teeth, burns on my face from the airbag deployment (which has left scars), bruising and swelling on my lower abdomen, my torso, major bruising and swelling on the right side of my face, and severe tension in my neck and back. I was traveling no more that 35 mph. I sustained these injuries because the seat belt failed to lock on impact to restrain me from hitting the airbag so hard.

- Galveston, TX, USA

Jun 162016

F-150

Passenger side seatbelt retractor does not work properly if occupant is leaning forward, as in a slow braking situation followed by harder braking. I've saved my face dozens of times from hitting the dashboard, even after the original seatbelt retractor was replaced. The 2nd one provides protection only in strictly hard braking situations, not slow-then-hard braking.

- Dandridge, TN, USA

Jun 152016

F-150

The front driver side seat belt tensioner failed. It is stuck in tension mode, it will not retract nor expand. There is a recall on F150S built January 22nd 2015 to March 17th 2015 supercrew models but mine is built in June of 2015 with the same problem. Dealer recognized the issue and I'm bringing it to the dealer for repair today June 15th, 2016. This should be an fyi that other production might be affected and not just the models listed in the original recall. I was backing up the truck when the seat belt tightened up and then stayed that way. It won't expand nor retract. Serious safety issue. I will take a video of it with my phone should you want that evidence.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jun 032016

F-150

The vehicle is a 2015 Ford F-150 extended cab. My vehicle has not been involved in an incident, but there is a defect in the design of the seatbelt/door latches. Design of the rear doors and the latches traps the rear seat passenger in the event of the incapacitation of the front seat passenger. The rear door cannot be opened unless the front door is opened first. There is no way for a rear seat passenger to be able to open the front door in the case of an accident, and there is no alternative method of egress for rear seat passengers. This is a design defect affecting all 2015 F-150 crew cab pickups. So far there I have not had an accident, but the problem should be addressed by Ford before there are tragic results from the design error.

- Bastrop, TX, USA

Aug 032015

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the seat belt on the rear driver side failed to unlatch. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired, but the details of the repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,700....updated 10-13-15

- Worcester, MA, USA