2016 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 102016

F-150

The truck has had issues with the hillassist failure, then check engine light then wrench light causing the truck to go from 45 mph to 2mph without notice. The throttle bottle also went out on this truck causing the truck to go from 45 mph to 2 mph in traffic, this is the Ford wrench light. On two seperate occasions, when starting the truck and releasing the parking brake, a parking brake malfunction light flashes, then when trying to move the truck into gear it will move from park to drive to reverse, but will not move. Please contact me asap. I have a detailed list of dates and occurances along with all email conversations with Ford. Ford soes not believe this is a problem and seems to ignore the safety concerns.

- Universal City, TX, USA

Sep 282016

F-150

Rear end collision on I-25 in denver, co 80112 9/28/2016 4 pm, sunny and clear weather, traffic moderately heavy "slow and go" in motion appx 25mph, no injuries

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Oct 042016

F-150

While driving on the highway at approx. 60mph my Ford 2016 F150 3.5L V6 lurched and stalled, experiencing a complete loss of power, throttle control and acceleration. This was the 7th throttle malfunction my F150 has experienced in the past 5 months. Each malfunction exactly the same. Since I am now forced to only travel in the far right lanes for safety, I had enough remaining momentum to veer my F150 off of the highway and bring it to a complete stop. With some effort my F150 struggled but was able to restart and traveling a low speeds I made it safely home. Due to the dangerous nature of this incident I have taken my F150 to the dealership twice so far. Ford believes the issue is the electronic throttle body, but they have been unable to fix the problem. Most recently I received my F150 from the dealer only 4 short days ago where they replaced the electronic throttle body, but it had no effect, the problem still exists. The malfunction only occurs during the most dangerous periods of driving, while on the highway/freeway. This malfunction puts the safety of the drivers and their families at risk unnecessarily. I have avoided collisions only by driving and staying in the far right lane at all times. It is only a matter of time before someone else experiences this problem traveling at 65mph on the highway and due to a sudden loss of power and complete acceleration causes a significant traffic accident. I hope this never happens but it is my grave and real concern for my own welfare every time I drive my 2016 F150.

- El Sobrante, CA, USA

Jul 142016

F-150

My husband was driving his new 2016 F150 when the truck lost power and the advancetrac light came on. He was in the middle of a busy highway and went from 65 mph - 40 mph in a matter of seconds. He had to navigate to the edge of the highway at a low rate of speed. The dealership advised that it was the actuator throttle being stuck in the closed position. The body was replaced after a week at the dealership. This is a safety concern that this can cause a auto to reduce speed so quickly. Thankfully it did not cause an accident. I have the dealership repair report in the truck. Would be happy to provide a copy.

- Cary, NC, USA

Mar 192016

F-150

My 2016 F150 has adaptive cruise control ("acc") that applies brakes in the event a vehicle is detected in lane ahead in order to match speed and maintain safe distance. F150 also has collision avoidance system that increases sensitivity of brakes if imminent collision is detected. 2015 Ford F150 has been subject to a recall (NHTSA campaign number: 15V614000) to fix problems with acc - the acc may falsely detect an obstacle in its path and may unexpectedly apply the brakes increasing the risk of a rear-end collision from a following vehicle. My 2016 F150 was built after the date covered by the recall however it exhibits the exact problem described in the recall I.e. the problem continues to exist with Ford's acc system and the recall was insufficient. In my case, on four separate occasions from 3/19 through 3/26/2016 the acc system activated unexpectedly and for no reason, causing heavy braking and in one case almost causing collision with a following vehicle. The collision warning lights also lit up - this system may itself have increased severity of braking. Braking events occurred with two different drivers, on straight freeway, no steering input, no bridges, or safety barriers to confuse the acc radar. In all cases we were driving in left lane of a two lane freeway, approaching to pass a large vehicle travelling in right lane - a semi-truck in two cases, empty car transporter in other two. The vehicle being passed was well in its lane and not drifting over or presenting any danger to our vehicle. Ford's response has been that this is "normal" and was due to our driving on a curve, or other vehicle drifting over or some road "furniture" like a bridge / barrier confusing the system. However, none of these factors applied.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA