2016 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Aug 312016

F-150

While driving the vehicle at road speed (~45mph) the brake pedal when applied provided little to no braking. The pedal had no resistance and went all the way to the floor board. This occurred on multiple occasions. The worst of which was while I was attempting to stop at an intersection. This intersection was located in a 40 mph zone on a somewhat busy street. While attempting to stop the vehicle the brake pedal went to the floor and provided no stopping resistance. The vehicle rolled into intersection which caused me to have to take evasive action including pumping the brakes and veering off to the side of the road. I don't remember if there was another vehicle in the intersection. After this occurance I drove the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer was able to identify a problem with the master cylinder within 24hrs and then spend the next 17 days trying to obtain the part from the manufacture. Since the master cylinder was replaced I have had no additional occurrences of this type

- Odenton, MD, USA

Aug 292016

F-150

I was driving down the interstate at about 70 mph and suddenly had to apply my brakes because a car in front of me stopped suddenly and when I did the brake pedal went straight to the floor board and stopped as if I was barely pushing the brakes. I had to push the emergency brake in to stop the vehicle. I almost had a very serious accident and if I had not swerved off the road I would had hit the car in front of me at close to 60 mph and my vehicle gave no warning lights or other indication that anything was wrong even after I found the issue which is very troubling. I had my vehicle towed to Ford and after further investigation it was determined the master cylinder failed which caused the brakes to not work properly. When I asked Ford if they replaced it with a new part that was not part of the defective line the technician told me they replaced it with a new master cylinder but it still has potential to fail as it is part of the defective line that is causing these issues and Ford does not have any other way of fixing it. I am seriously concerned with mine and my families safety in this vehicle as I have a boat and other things I tow from time to time and my children are in the car with me. I am concerned someone is going to be injured or die because of this issue because I almost had a very bad accident due to this. Please investigate this issue as I have tried to speak with Ford to get a new vehicle or swap for something safer but have not been able to get anything accomplished besides getting the run around. I have had my 5.0 liter V8 2016 F-150 for almost 4 months and 7000 miles and bought it brand new with 2 miles on it.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Sep 152016

F-150

Total brake failure at 3,100 miles. Vehicle would not stop. Had to pump brakes as fast as possible to try to get truck to stop. Brake pedal wen to the floor with no response. When stopped, had to put truck in neutral to keep it from moving.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Aug 292016

F-150

While applying brakes the pedal travels excessively until it contacts the floor board. As a result, brake application is lost. Contacted Ford roadside assistance and had vehicle towed to the dealer and was told the master cylinder is defective. This vehicle is a 2016 Ford F150 with a 5.0liter engine and equipped with four wheel drive. Vehicle has only 14,045 miles. This is one of nine vehicles of exact make and model we employ in our fleet and one of two with this problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 072016

F-150

While applying brakes the pedal travels excessively until it contacts the floor board. As a result, brake application is lost. Contacted Ford roadside assistance and had vehicle towed to the dealer and was told the master cylinder is defective. This vehicle is a 2016 Ford F150 with a 5.0liter engine and equipped with four wheel drive. Vehicle has only 15,472 miles. This is one of nine vehicles of exact make and model we employ in our fleet and one of two with this problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 272016

F-150

Driving in parking lot and it took longer than expected to stop. Then driving on road at 35-40 and went to stop as light turned yellow. Brake pedal went all the way to the floor. Went immediately to local Ford dealer (1/4 mile from the incident). Dealer says master brake cylinder failed and it will take 4-5 days for replacement part to come in.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Sep 202016

F-150

We have had the same issue on more than one occasion with the F150 brakes. Specifically, when the brakes are applied, the pedal goes all the way to the floor of the vehicle with no discernible reduction in the speed of the vehicle. In other words, the brakes do not stop the truck. It has happened on several occasions to 3 different drivers of the vehicle. It happens while driving - but not all of the time. On average it happens about 10 times per day when braking. It has happened every day since the truck was purchased, it happens anywhere form 20 mph city driving to 70 mph highway driving.

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

F-150

Pulling to intersection on two occasions brake peddle goes to floor. Lift peddle after putting car in park and brakes recovered. Vehicle was purchased new in June and has 7000 miles. Dealer said customer concern could not be duplicated.

- Norman, OK, USA

Sep 102016

F-150

Brake pedal goes completely to the floor. Truck stops slowly. Increased pressure on the pedal needed to slow the truck. I passed through an intersection unable to stop in time.was going about 60mph and on a straight ahead path. This problem has happened about 10 times randomly.

- Arnaudville, LA, USA

Aug 142016

F-150

I was traveling pulling a trailer came to a red light and could not stop, brake pedal went to the floor. Turned truck off and restarted pedal went to floor, put in gear and had brakes, very scary, drove it home and parked it. Found out there had been a recall on 2013-14 master cyl, now I am waiting 7 weeks for replacement.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Aug 192016

F-150

7K miles on the car and the brakes fail, needs new master cylinder. Other F150 at the same dealership with 3K miles with the same problem.

- Fredericksburg, TX, USA

F-150

Brake pedal went all the way to the floor barely working with no warning on a busy street at a stoplight. Went to dealership and they verified problem and replaced the master cylinder. Truck only had 16,000 miles

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Aug 282016

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 70 mph, the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when depressed. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the master cylinder needed replacement. The vehicle was at the dealer waiting to be repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 7,400.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

F-150

Brake pedal went to floor with very little braking power. When trying to stop. At stop light pedal would go to floor. I think rear brakes working but fronts not. Recall on 2013's 14's and 15's I think. Same problem with 16's. Ford says national back order on master cylinders, 4 weeks

- Louisville, KY, USA

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. While driving in the express lane, the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when it was depressed. The brakes failed and the emergency brake was applied. The vehicle was pulled over to the service lane and the contact shifted into first gear. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the master cylinder and power boost were defective. A remedy was not provided. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 7,300.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Aug 182016

F-150

Truck has 13800 miles on it. While driving I applied the brakes and the pedal sunk to the firewall. Completed loss of braking. Released the pedal and brakes worked. Again issue was able to be demonstrated to dealer and was intermittent. While sitting stationary if brakes were applied with pressure the brake pedal would travel to floor.

- Macon, GA, USA

F-150

Brake pedal suddenly went to floor approaching traffic if light! had to make emergency turn into a parking lot to prevent being crashed. Dealer determined that my F-150 has a defective master cylinder. However, so far a week later, Ford motor motor company will not ship a new replacement! irresponsible! fix it Ford -now!

- Joaquin, TX, USA

F-150

Complete brake failure. Pedal goes to the floor.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

F-150

Complete brake failure.pedal goes to the floor.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Aug 142016

F-150

Brake failure. Pedal went all the way to floor board with loss of braking power. I was driving at 35 mph on slight grade. I applied brake pressure for 10 seconds down the grade. As I approached a stop sign I applied stopping pressure. The brake pedal went soft and when all the way to the floor. I had to use the emergency brake to keep me from going into the intersection. The brakes then seem to work. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they stated there is problem with some VIN's but my is not one of them regarding the master cylinder. I was also told more brand new F-150 are having the same issue. My family could have been killed it is sitting at the dealer and they are trying to duplicate the problem..

- Simi Valley, CA, USA