2016 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 052016

Installed new front bumpers from ranch hand corporation shiner, tx 18003669712 they said all the safety features would work and the adaptive cruise. It doesn't and a big safety issue. I just want them to honor what they said they sold and to have safety features. I called them and not very helpful at all and rush me off the phone.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Driving down the highway, doing about 60 to 65 mph, noticed that I was slowing down slightly, went to give it more gas, looked down at the dashboard and realized that the engine wasn't on (no rpms on tachometer). The screen on the dashboard had a service warning for the parking brake with a lightning bolt idiot light on (not sure what it was, didn't get the chance to look in the manual). I don't know if the power steering/brakes went out, since I was moving fast enough to steer fairly easily, and I'm strong enough to press a brake pedal. After I got it pulled over, I put it in park, tried to start it again, wasn't able to. Called roadside assistance, got a tow truck. Notice the screen that has stuff like clock, temp, date, media info was stuck at the time it shutoff. No other electrical systems seemed to work, I.e. power windows, emergency flashers, ignition. Was also locked in park, couldn't get it into neutral for the tow truck. After it got onto the tow truck, the exterior lights flashed while driving to the dealership to service it, got to dealer and when it came time to get it off the truck, it started right back up again, didn't appear to have any service messages show up. Brand new truck, about 1100 miles on it, no accidents, no off-roading, haven't even changed the oil yet, haven't touched anything under the hood besides the oil dipstick. At the dealership, nothing seemed to be loose under the hood (electrical wise). Attached is a picture similar to what I saw (again, 65 on the highway, not really an ideal time for documentation).

- Fresno, CA, USA

Mar 212016

On 3/21/16 I purchased a 2016 Ford F150. On the way home from the dealership my feet and legs started itching and I broke out in a rash and my lips, face and tongue went numb. Later on that night my hands and feet burned all night long. Each time I've drove it since the same thing happened, each time recovery takes longer. It happens inside the cab and also when I'm working under the hood. My wife is driving the vehicle right now without a reaction however I'm concerned for her health.

- Rutledge, TN, USA