9.3

1. insert or new heads (19 reports)
2001 Ford F-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-250:

2001 Ford F-250 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 202008

F-250 Lariat 5.4

We were on our way to S. Carolina with our 5th wheel camper when climbing a grade in West Virginia, I blew my first plug. We had to spend the night in back of a Ford dealership till the service dept. opened. After telling them my problem they proceeded to try to sell me a new engine or a new engine head costing anywhere from $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 and a minimum of three days to repair. After telling them No Way, the repaired the sparkplug hole with an insert and about 30 minutes later and $350.00 lighter in the pocket, I was on my way South... This was my first experience....It happened again a couple of years later on our way to Pennsylvania!! Had to rent a car that time and limped into the campgroung with the engine making the awful noise.

- , Wadsworth, OH, USA

Sep 022008

F-250 Lariat 5.4

Lost a plug on our way to PA. Limped into the campground there around 10pm making a lot of embarrassing noise. Had to rent a car for a few days while local garage repaired problem.

- , Wadsworth, OH, USA

Mar 042009

F-250 5.4L

I live in Vancouver B.C Canada and in the process of going to small claims court trial with Ford in the new year. As I have blown three plugs out of my f250 SUPERDUTY 5.4 If you have any info receipts or would like to share your problem to help me in my fight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cam