9.1

2001 Ford F-250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-250:

2001 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Aug 112005

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

My husband and I have a Ford F250 truck. It's a 2001 which we purchase in 3/2002. My husband was driving the truck when he heard a bang then the truck died. We had the truck towed to a local auto repair shop. The repair shop stated that they would not touch the truck because the spark plug blew out causing the head to blow. They stated that this is an ongoing thing with Ford trucks and Ford will not admit that they have an engineering problem with the motor. I brought this matter to the dealership and the Ford customer service departments attention. Neither one of them would assist me. They stated that we would be responsible for the repairs. After these phone calls I call a few other auto repair shops. They also stated that that was unusual that a spark plug would back out and even if the spark plug did back out that it was unusual that it would blow the head gasket. At this point we have to pay for the repairs which is $3,500. I would like this matter looked into.

- Hathaway Pines, CA, USA

Dec 012003

F-250

Failure to repair apparent defect @4000 miles under Ford's bumper to bumper warranty. (nar)

- Landenberg, PA, USA