1. $1600 plus repair to pass emissions (1 reports)
2002 Ford F-250 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-250:

2002 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Apr 152007

F-250 XL 5.4L

Ford Customer Service is trying to tell me that because I was 21 days out of my 5 year warranty, that I could go pound sand for warranty assistance. After the Customer Service Reps "checked all their available resources" while I was on hold for 20 minutes, I challenged them as to WHAT RESOURCES? The CSR stumbled and bumbled and would not answer my question! I then asked him AGAIN, "what resources did you check?" I told him I was going to write them down and he couldn't answer me. He was so angry that he told me I would not be able to talk to anyone above him for 1 or 2 days.The bolts, although diagnosed in June of '07 as being broken, 'must have broken the day after my truck went over the 5 year mark'. Bottom line, Ford blew it on the design of this exhaust manifold set up with no gaskets and they dont want to fix it until its out of warranty. Even the 2 service managers from 2 competitive Ford dealerships confided to me it was a 'poor design'. My estimates were done without anyone looking at the vehicle, thats how well known this defect is to the service departments. I wonder if the Toyota would bail on a customer after 21 days....

- , Enfield, NH, USA