1. replace fuse box (1 reports)
2003 Ford F-250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-250:

2003 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Mar 232016

F-250 XLT 5.4L V8

Very scary problem. Truck will randomly cut out in the middle of driving, almost causing me 2 accidents.

Took the truck into the shop and they advised me the fuse panel internally needs replaced. They can bypass the fuse box and get the truck to run, but isn't a plausible solution as it could overheat an short. I took into a shop because about 4 months prior, I had the same issue. I changed the fuel pump and everything fine for awhile.

I can't stress this enough, THIS ALMOST CAUSED ME 2 ACCIDENTS.... having a 7500lb truck cut out on you on the highway with no power steering and cruising at 70+ mph, is no joke.

I see all kinds of the same complaints with the Ford Expedition.

I feel like I'm getting taken to the cleaners here on a poor product from Ford.

- , Galena, OH, USA