6.5

1. put in kit and replaced spark plug (4 reports)
2004 Ford F-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford F-250:

2004 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jun 072016

F-250 Lariet 5.4L

I have a 2004 F-250 with the 5.4L Gas and have had a Heli Coil put in because the plug blew out of the third back on the passenger side. I put less then 500 miles on it and that blew out. the mechanic is currently working on the second heli coil. I am worried that it wont be a dependable vehicle to drive out of town. Since this should be a manufactures warranty/design issue it would be nice to be compensated by Ford Motor Company for there poor design. especially if the heads need to be worked on or replaced. Or at the very lease be reimbursed for the plug repairs.

- , Fort Dodge, IA, USA

Mar 302016

F-250 XLT V10

IF FORD KNOWS OF THIS PROBLEM WHY HAVEN'T THEY NOTIFIED OWNERS

- , Middletown, PA, USA

May 042014

F-250 Super Duty 5.4L

My 2004 F250 is in excellent condition. I take very good care of my truck. I just bothers me that the blown spark plug problem is such a big issue and Ford will do nothing about it. I will definitely rethink buying from Ford again. If you make a product stand by it. You know its an issue with the aluminum heads so fix it for free instead of trying to take everyone for 4500 for a head replacement. I hope some day there will be a class action against ford so we can get our repairs done correctly and at no expense to ourselves.

- , Aston, PA, mexico

Jun 012011

F-250

midas in marysville calif did excellent job in repairing the van after the spark plug blow out. they put in the head kit and replaced the spark plugs. in time for us to go back to work cost my son a full day missed wages but we glad was able to be fixed. learned that this happens all the time to ford trucks

- , Olivrhurst, CA, USA