2006 Ford F-250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-250:

2006 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jul 042016

On July 4, 2016 my girlfriend and I were traveling home, about an hour and half into our trip we noticed a weird vibration, we decided to get off onto sate rd 429, we slowed way down looking for a place to pull over, when the back passenger tire tread completely separated from the tire. Once we pulled over we noticed the damage the separated tire tread did to the truck body. I have calculated the total mileage of 25196 on the tires, since I bought the truck from kisselback Ford in St. Cloud Florida who installed the tires. I decided to replace the other 3 tires for our safety even though these tires are rated for 50,000 miles. The tire shop that installed the new tires did note the front tire had bubbles forming, this is an indication that this tire was also prone to tread separation possibly leading to a more serious accident. The tires that are in question is capitol ht 265-70-17 dot number skvr rc 4713. I have received 3 estimates for the body work estimating around $2500 plus the cost of four new tires. I have several pictures that I can send.

- St. Cloud, FL, USA

Feb 152010

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-250. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph when the truck bed cracked without warning. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was 117,000. The current mileage was 121,000. Updated 06/25/10. Updated 06/29/10

- Santa Clara, CA, USA