2007 Ford F-250 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-250:

2007 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Mar 032007

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

On March 3rd 2007, I was shopping at a wal-mart super center in douglasville, ga. When I returned to my vehicle (a brand new 2007 Ford F-250) I discovered that while I had been shopping my vehicle had been broken into. Although nothing was stolen from my vehicle over $1000 to $2000 or more, worth of damage was caused when the vehicle was broken into. I immediately called the police and when they arrived I filled out a police report. The purpose of this letter is to express my extreme dissatisfaction with Ford Motor Company for what I consider an extremely defective product (the door-handle/lock plate) that, I am now having to pay for. All it took for a thief to break into my Ford F-250 was, what the police officer determined, a flat-head screwdriver. It is extremely disturbing to think that all a person has to do is jam a screwdriver under the plate, for the door-handle/lock plate, pry down and the door pops open. This is a serious mechanical defect to the craftsmanship of this vehicle. As it stands it is easier to break into a Ford vehicle with one of these substandard door-handle/lock plates than it takes a locksmith to open the vehicle.

- Douglasville, GA, USA