2.8

2007 Ford F-250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-250:

2007 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

May 292012

F-250 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

I have a 2007 Ford F-250sd 4X4 with a 6.0L diesel engine. On May 29, 2012 my vehicle experienced a no start condition and had to be towed to the dealer. Upon arrival I was advised that I needed a new starter and possibly more but it could not be determined until the vehicle was running again. Starter was replaced and I was advised that the vehicle needed a fuel injection control module (ficm). My vehicle is 6 months out of warranty but 50000 miles below what would be acceptable in the warranty period. Ford has issued 3 to 4 tsb's regarding the problems with the ficm it is one of the most common problem's with the Ford 6.0L diesel engine. I contacted Ford and requested some assistance since the vehicle was only 6 months out of warranty and the mileage. Ford denied that any issue exists with the ficm in the 6.0L engine. Ford advised me that if I was not happy with their answer I should contact your organization.

- Stoughton, MA, USA