6.6

2008 Ford F-250 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Feb 052010

F-250

My husband woke up and went out to start his truck so it would be warm for our 1-yr old twin babies to get in the car. When he went to put the babies in the back seat, the rear passenger window was blown out from the inside out; the glass looked bubbled. He immediately took the car to the glass shop and was advised that because Ford doesn't use the proper seal on it's rear windows that this can occasionally happen. The window blew up from the heat inside the car...it's 30 degrees here this morning. We then took the vehicle that is still under warranty to our local Ford dealership and we were advised that it's not covered under warranty. So I'm looking at $800 for a whole entire back window that has to be replaced. This concerns me as if one of my babies was in the car when this happened, we would have some serious health issues....this is a huge safety concern. Because of their faulty seal, our window exploded.

- Great Falls, MT, USA