3.3

2009 Ford F-250 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-250:

2009 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Feb 182016

F-250

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-250 equipped with nitto, tire line: Nitto, tire size: LT305/55R/20, dot number: 73R8K3R212. The contact stated that the vehicle felt as though it needed an alignment. The vehicle was taken to the independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the belts were separating on the inside of the front driver tire. The tire was replaced however, the failure recurred on the passenger side tire. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Sapulpa, OK, USA

Mar 092015

F-250

I was driving on the highway, hit a bump and the front tires started to hop, increasing in intensity the entire time. The experience was very scary, and I felt like I was going to loose control of the vehicle. I had to pull over on the side of the highway, very carefully, since I had hardly no control of the vehicle at this point. Since the first incident I have noticed the hopping of the front tires every time I hit a little bump in the highway or a pothole. It tends to happen at speeds on the highway and is less frequent traveling on local roads at a slower pace. The only way to make the tires stop from hopping is to either gradually pull off the road, or jerk the wheel in one direction or the other violently. Either way I do not consider it safe.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 012010

F-250

I was driving my 2009 F-250 traveling about 40 to 45 mph and after hitting a rough patch of road the wheels began to shake out of control for about 20 seconds. I have had my truck to the dealership for the same problem on 6 plus times. Ford states that it was a tire pressure issue.......bs!.... bs! each time Ford has my truck they say we have fixed the problem and it should not occur again. The last time I left Ford and spent 165.00$ on a damper rod to fix this problem I drove 18 miles down the road and went into a "death wobble again. I turned the truck around and it is sitting at Ford as I write this post. After reviewing this matter on line I have noticed that there are more F-250's with the same issue. A federal recall needs to be done and fast. Several times that the "death wobble " as occurred to me, I have been lucky so far to drive out of it with out a problem. I might not be so lucky next time. A federal recall needs to be done fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Annville, PA, USA

Jan 302012

F-250

Driving highway speed, after hitting rough area, front end starts to shake violently causing almost loss of control. Took to Ford dealer in Laredo, tx and was repaired. This lasted about 8 months and problem arose again as I was driving the interstate in Ms. Took to local repair and had king pin["] replaced but didn't stop the problem. Checked tire pressure, shocks, wheel bearings...research has proven this is very common problem but no real answer. This truck is dangerous to drive and cost over $50,000. What do I do now"

- Pope, MS, USA