4.2

2011 Ford F-250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-250:

2011 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

F-250

Pulling my fifth wheel trailer up a hill at 50mph the engine just shut down very abruptly. No alarms or lights that I saw. After letting it sit for a minute or so, put it in park and it restarted, oil temp at 240, trans: Temp at 201. First time this has happened. A little over 50,000 miles.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Dec 162010

F-250

Driving East bound on the 91 freeway in the diamond lane I drove over a roadway imperfection. As soon as I hit it with my left front tire the vehicle made a violent motion to the left almost causing me to strike the center divider. This happened several other times before I returned the vehicle to the dealer to have it checked (12/16/2010). By this time, striking an imperfection with either front tire caused the vehicle to move laterally, left or right. After several visits to the Ford dealer without remedy, a Ford engineer was summoned for a test drive. We drove the vehicle to a spot I consistently have the problem and it violently pulled to the left when the front left tire hit the spot (transition road: 405 freeway to the northbound 710 freeway). Both the engineer and the service manager were in the vehicle at that time and both felt what I was complaining about. Later that same day I was looking at a Ford Fusion with my son and the Ford engineer drove into the lot in a new Ford Super Duty 4X4 that he had driven to that same location. He told me and my son that the new vehicle did the same thing and he would report back to Ford so that they could do something about it. I was later contacted by the Ford manager and told that my problem was within Ford tolerance for the vehicle. He also told me I could probably go over to the four wheel drive parts store and purchase something that might help with the problem. I continue to have this problem but it appears to be getting worse. Even my friends who drive with me complain about this issue telling me I need to do something about it. This past week I contacted Ford again via their fix-it hot line and spoke with one of their representatives who looked into my complaint (he spoke with the Ford manager and Ford engineer). Today he advised me the problem was normal for the vehicle. Anyone else complaining?

- Lomita, CA, USA