2012 Ford F-250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-250:

2012 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Feb 252016

Two different problems: First I was left stranded about 2 1/2 hours away from home because of a simple egt sensor defect shut down my truck. Had to pay a tower $350 to drive my truck to dealership and they tell me it was a little sensor that left me stranded. This type thing shouldn't happen when you pay $60,000 plus for a vehicle. Now months later I have another issue that from all the blogs say is a problem most 2012 models have called the "death wobble". it is now happening at least once on every drive I make. I have had over 8 situations where I have had to slam on breaks to make the vibration stop and the car behind me almost slam into the back of my truck. Because once the wobbling starts you have to come to almost a complete stop before the wobbling will stop. My wife now refuses to drive my truck because she is scared to death to drive it. I don't even like to drive it, but it's necessary because it is the only vehicle I have to drive. I am at the point of wanting to trade it, but what kind of trade in am I going to get with this problem happening. My 2012 just has a little more than 40,000 miles, not very much when you are talking about a diesel engine. It is happening more often now than before, and I fell it will just continue to happen more. No one in my family wants to drive or ride with me in my truck anymore. It seems as though Ford is refusing to admit that this is a problem on every online site I go too, I assume it will take a few people getting killed before they realize there is a problem. What are owners to due with this, because if we trade the truck know one is going to want to buy it. So once again the consumer gets shafted. NHTSA we are looking for you to help us with this problem before someone gets killed. Please help us with this problem! please!!!!!!

- Blackshear, GA, USA

Nov 092014

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Ford F-250. While driving approximately 40 mph, all the warning lights illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was unable to restart and was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician diagnosed that the power control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 16,000. Updated 02/09/15 updated 6/9/2015

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jan 052011

The contact owns a 2012 Ford F-250. The contact stated that burning fumes were emitted into the vehicle. The contact stated that the fumes made his eyes burn and made his stomach upset. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 7 and the current mileage was 108,000.

- Otisville, MI, USA