2015 Ford F-250 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-250:

2015 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Apr 012015

Truck intermittently pulls to the left when braking, sometimes hard to the left.if not holding steering wheel tightly could pull into next lane.

- Moncure, NC, USA

Jul 302015

On interstate driving at approximately 65 mph, a vehicle cut in front of my and had to hit the brakes very hard (panic stop). The vehicle veered violently to the left as soon as the anti-lock braking system engaged and crossed the yellow center lines. Took vehicle back to Ford service, took service writer for a ride to show them what it did under severe braking. Said there is definitely a problem but the end result of 2 weeks was it's a characteristic of that vehicle and the service manager said "they're not throwing parts at it to figure it out. Vehicle had less than 4,000 miles on it. I took the vehicle to another Ford dealership and was told the very same thing. So I took the vehicle to a third Ford dealership and was told the very same of being a characteristic of the vehicle. As a side note at all of these dealerships, the service writer I took for a ride all agreed the vehicle should not do this. Was also promised they would contact Ford engineering which not one of them did. Normal driving without panic stops or very hard braking, the truck stops straight. Only when the anti-locks click in does this problem occur. We did contact Ford customer care and opened a case number but they were of no help in this situation. We were told that they can't make the dealership fix this safety problem and they can't make Ford call the Ford engineering dept. It's something the dealership has to do. Again, they determined that this was a characteristic of the 2015 F250 gas superduty as they found one other one on their lot that did the same thing. So this safety braking problem is not a concern for Ford dealerships that we went to as it is a characteristic of the truck nor do they deem it necessary to contact Ford engineering.

- Monongahela, PA, USA

Jun 242015

While travelling in morning rush stop and go traffic, in austin, Texas I had to come to a complete stop. The truck would not stop until I applied considerable brake pressure. I came within 6 inches of the vehicle in front. I was travelling at approximately 1 to 2 mph at the time. On the return trip in the evening rush hour it was also stop and go. I had to come to a complete stop but the truck would not stop. I had to put as much brake pressure as I could to slow the truck (doing 1 mph or less). I still tapped the vehicle in front. At the time I was trying to stop the truck, I heard the engine RPM rev up and a popping noise from the engine. Taking the truck to the dealer for a check up on the issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA