2016 Ford F-250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-250:

2016 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Aug 252016

Engine runs rough during exhaust regen. Typically when driving between 55-65, the diesel exhaust fluid warning appears. Almost a minute later the truck begins to make loud jack hammer noise and loses power. Feels very unsafe as you lose power for about 10 seconds.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 172016

The fuel tank sending unit is not guarded. Poor design, I have a fleet of Ford trucks. I have a 2010 F250 currently in the shop, Ford has a factory shield covering the exposed fuel lines. Ford is also not covering the repair under warranty. The dealership also stated this is not the first truck with this damage. Fuel was spraying on the exhaust for a while before it died.

- Pamler, AK, USA

Apr 122016

09/05/2016 purchased 2016 Ford. 11/24/16 fuel filter pluged, replaced at landers Ford benton ar.12/23,2016 check engine light (codes P008A, low fuel pressure/ and P0170, something to do wioth the fuel) took to donley forsd galion Ohio. They were not sure what to do but sugested changing the fuel filters. Truck was under waranty but charged me to do so mileage was 27,486. 1/12/16 check engine light again took to hacienda Ford edinburg, tx found codes P0170 (second time) and P229F some kind of sensor. They checked the fuel and found metal in the fule filter, lines and tank. I was told that the high pressure pump had failed and that is where the metal was comming from. They replaced fuel system kit, 8 injectors, high pressure pump, steel lines, return line, fuel filtersand flushed fule lines and fuel tank. Mileage was 29446. I lost a half tank of fuel appx 15 gals. And had to pay $19.74 for fuel to restart the truck. I believe my lost fuel and the other should have been covewred under waranty. I forgot to mention the parts were under back order and I had to wait several days for them to get the parts. Repairs completed 1/21/16 mioleage 29,362. 04/12/16 check engine light again P0170 again mileage 45240 was told by donley Ford that they will moniter something called oasis for repair per ssm#45737. So Ford does not know what is causing this or how to fix the problem.I use my truck for work, transporting rv trailers so I need to rely on it. Needless to say I do not have much confidence in this vehicle.

- Galion, OH, USA