8.0

1997 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford F-350:

1997 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jul 202007

F-350 XL 7.3L Diesel

stalling, my F350 stalls and bucks time to time. what i've done to engine: replaced fuel pump, injector pump. injectors have been replaced 2.5 yeas ago, seals are fine, no leakage. injector pump regulator was replaced with a new one, i do get a code come up for the cam positioning sensor. I replaced the sensor 3 times in 6 months. Those sensors are costly. I have a hand held scanner for my truck to get codes. So everything mechanical checks out, my filters are clean, wiring checks out. The only conclusion 1 of my mechanics comes to is cam walk. Now i know for sure this is not common on the 7.3L esp. with only 260000 kms. this is a service truck on the road every day and properly maintained, oil change once a month. It's a nice truck to drive, lots of power. So where do i go now, could it be the ECM, I've had it with this problem!

- , Winnipeg, MB, Canada