1.8

2001 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-350:

2001 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Feb 022016

F-350

Truck was parked for 2 days since last driven in my driveway 5ft from house. Went to work at night in my other vehicle, came home and started to get my kids ready for school. No visible signs as I passed it on my way into my residents. About an hour later next thing I know a passing off duty fire fighter is banging on my front door, as I go to meet him I see my truck engulfed in flames. Truck is a total loss with fire protruding from hood and fenders reaching into the cab. Fire department finally put flames out after minor damage to other near bye vehicles. Looks as fire started under hood near master cylinder. Truck was repaired by Ford for recall in 06 due to cruise control switch. It appears the same problem persists in new switches or repair was not done properly. Just contacted Ford today about this issue as it just happened Feb,2 2016. In the process of obtaining vehicle service records as I have a friend who works for Ford. Clearly the fire originated from the same area as earlier recalls. 2001 Ford F-350 vehicle speed control NHTSA campaign #06V286000. I have pictures and video of the incident but cannot upload due to file format.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Oct 012010

F-350

The contact owns a 2001 Ford F-350. The contact stated that while stopped, he applied the accelerator pedal and the vehicle did not accelerate. The check engine light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the accelerator pedal assembly was replaced. The failure recurred approximately one year later. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 212,800 and the current mileage was 237,800.

- Anderson, IN, USA

Sep 082010

F-350

My 2001 F 150 super crew start on fire in a parking lot I live in Mexico but this truck was made in the usa, the fire started about 45 minutes after the engine was turned off.

- Queretaro, 00, USA

Jan 132008

F-350

I was woken up by someone knocking on my apartment door to let me know that my truck was on fire. I attempted to put the fire out by filling cooking pans with water and dousing the flames but to no avail. The fire dept along with the police showed up and the front part of the truck is all burned up.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Dec 182008

F-350

Truck caught fire sitting in the driveway due to cruise control switch that was on recall list. I knew nothing of the recall until the fire department told me that was what happened.

- Red Oak, TX, USA

Sep 032008

F-350

What good is it to respond to a recall of a F150 cruise control when they don't have the parts and you have to make 3-4 trips to get the work done. Then they say they have the part but don't do the work and your back again.....I'm a long time Ford customer but this is ridiculous...then your Agency urges motorists to respond to the recall....how about kicking those Ford execs in their pockets.

- League City , TX, USA

Jul 272005

F-350 8-cyl

2001 Ford Expedition ignited into flames causing our clients mobile home and all of it contents to be lost. Fire department stated that the fire originated in the vehicle.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Aug 152001

F-350

Dealership sold a vehicle with a speed control that almost caused an accident with a semi-tractor. Dealer informed consumer that speed was governed, and cannot be removed.

- Bailey, CO, USA

Apr 012001

F-350 4WD Diesel

While applying accelerator, vehicle has no power, consumer states there are other trucks that experience the same problem, dealer stated that consumer was too abusive on the gas pedal, consumer states that if you put the gas pedal to the floor it does nothing, vheicle has been in for repair 6 times and problem still exists.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA