2003 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-350:

2003 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

May 182015

I was driving down the road and I heard a loud pop. The engine had a very abrupt loss in power and began shaking as I tried to accelerate. I was on a 2 lane road and had no choice but to try and maintain my speed to prevent causing an accident from being rear ended. After driving several miles to a place I could safely stop, I checked under the hood an a spark plug had been shot from the engine. After reviewing this on the web, there are many complaints like mine where spark plugs were shot out of engines. NHTSA needs to evaluate this as review. Had the engine caught fire I would not have known and I had no where to pull off the road. This is a result of an cylinder head with inadequate threads for spark plugs to thread into and take hold over time the aluminum weakens and this happens. If this wasn't a problem why did Ford redesign cylinder heads after these model engines to accommodate more threading to hold the spark plugs in the engine?

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Jul 062010

F-350 8-cyl

I called Ford Motor Company my 2003 Ford F350 sd. SC. 4X4 5.4 eng. With the problem with both exhaust manifolds rotting away & the studs & nuts that hold the exhaust manifolds to engine heads that they were all rotting away, they told me we won't fix the problems for free. I would like for to investigate this problem before many people will get injury or many fatality will happen when the exhaust manifolds fall off and catch on fire & burn up because fire comes out of the engine to the exhaust manifolds. I talked to many Ford dealers they told me that they have replaced many of these exhaust manifolds with the same problems I have & had to charge the owner of these trucks & many other years of these Ford trucks. Please help me & many other owners of these Ford trucks to make Ford Motor Company recall this problems before people will die & fix this problem for free. Thanks

- Norwood, MA, USA

Sep 012013

The contact owns a 2003 Ford F-350. The contact stated that the engine coolant level was found to be prematurely low. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection, who advised the contact that the head gasket head bolts were defective. The manufacture was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 130,000.

- Ravensdale, WA, USA