2004 Ford F-350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford F-350:

2004 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Dec 132013

F-350

While traveling through tn, towing a trailer, the front driver's side tire delaminated and blew. This caused the vehicle to veer across the meridian and almost into on-coming traffic. The damages include the rim, fender, wheel well, front bumper and fairing. This is a estimate, the vehicle goes into the shop tomorrow to be evaluated by a mechanic and receive repairs. This is a similar incident that occurred in may of 2011, while hauling a 5th wheel camper to ar, the passenger front tire delaminated within 3 hours of stating the trip. The tire did not blow and I was able to maintain control of the vehicle. It goes without saying that I will research replacement tires and remove the other 5 tires (dually + spare). As a safety specialist/investigator, I originally thought that I had received "retread" tires on my vehicle when I purchased it. After reading this section I see/feel that this is more a case of poor design/workmanship.

- Jewett City, CT, USA