2005 Ford F-350 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-350:

2005 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Aug 012014

F-350 4WD 8-cyl

Aug 1, 2014 fuel injection failure, due to fuel injection wire harness chafing. Sept 15 fuel injection failure due to ficm failure resulting in severe loss of power. Vehicle barely moves, strong possibility of crash due to vehicles unexpected sudden loss of power and inability to move. Incidents closely relate to recall 05V270000 for vehicle manufactured close to same dates. Believe that recall should be reopened and extended to include all 6.0 diesel engines.

- Rosemount, MN, USA

Feb 052014

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-350. The contact stated that when driving at highway speeds, the vehicle stalled. The contact mentioned that the vehicle failed to restart after stalling. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who was unable to replicate the failure. The contact was made aware about NHTSA campaign number: 05V270000 (electrical system), however did not verify with the manufacturer if the vehicle was included. The failure mileage was 137,000.

- Reno, NV, USA

Mar 012013

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

• 1,900,000 miles
My husband was driving the truck after several repairs and turned onto the highway and the truck electrical system just shut down! we contacted the dealership they didn't help we have put our own money in this truck to fix it and was told this truck shouldn't have been sold to us that it was a lemon per the master mechanic! I don't know what to do this truck is a hazard to drive and when I spoke with the dealerships owner he told me to bring it back and they will sell it in the auction again. Its a danger and can't be fixed I have all reports on what was done on this truck.

- Corpus Chrisit, TX, USA

May 192013

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-350sd. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning and could not be restarted. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that the fuel injector control module needed to be replaced. The contact was also advised that the vehicle was not included NHTSA campaign id number: 05V270000 (electrical system). The failure mileage and current mileages was 212,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 242011

F-350 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

While approaching a stop light after doing 60mph on the highway, vehicle shut itself down causing loss of control and braking system. I was able to bring vehicle to safe and complete stop which caused a traffic jam.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 272011

F-350 8-cyl

The truck had several crank-no start problems. It continued over a period of a few weeks. Vehicle finally got to the point it would not restart. It was a little hesitant at times when running and I was afraid it would die on me in traffic. We ran a diagnostic check on vehicle in beginning and retrieved code for the cam sensor. We replaced and it drove fine for one week. That's the point where it would not start. We had towed to dealership and upon their diagnosis has determined that the engine wire harness from the ficm to PCM and to the injectors had shorts in it. I have read on a previous recall # 05V270000, where the ficm wire had to be replaced. I am not sure if it is related, but the dealership has given us a price of $2600 to repair. I believe an engine wiring harness should be designed to last longer than 6 years.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Dec 222008

While on I-95, my 2005 F-350 super-duty sputter and lost power. The truck went from 60mph with flow of traffic to 40mph in seconds. Making evasive measure from getting tag from behind, I was forced to the shoulder of the road which was taking up by snow. The truck crawled half on shoulder and half in the right lane while cars made there evasive action in order to miss me. After getting to a place to pull off the highway it took about 5-10min for it to clear up. The dealer informed me that the fuel tank was deteriorating and proceeded to ask me about my fuel and were I get it, because it must be contaminated. I also own three other diesel trucks a 1995, 1996 and 2000 and they all run on the same fuel from the same gas station. But yet all these tanks are find. The dealer wants to replace this tank at my cost with a new one. After reading all the complaints on other web sites, this problem will unmask it self again down the road. At this time I will probably bring the truck home until I can come up with a solution.

- Derby, CT, USA