2.3

2005 Ford F-350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-350:

2005 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Dec 222008

F-350

While on I-95, my 2005 F-350 super-duty sputter and lost power. The truck went from 60mph with flow of traffic to 40mph in seconds. Making evasive measure from getting tag from behind, I was forced to the shoulder of the road which was taking up by snow. The truck crawled half on shoulder and half in the right lane while cars made there evasive action in order to miss me. After getting to a place to pull off the highway it took about 5-10min for it to clear up. The dealer informed me that the fuel tank was deteriorating and proceeded to ask me about my fuel and were I get it, because it must be contaminated. I also own three other diesel trucks a 1995, 1996 and 2000 and they all run on the same fuel from the same gas station. But yet all these tanks are find. The dealer wants to replace this tank at my cost with a new one. After reading all the complaints on other web sites, this problem will unmask it self again down the road. At this time I will probably bring the truck home until I can come up with a solution.

- Derby, CT, USA

Jul 182005

F-350

The driver of the vehicle was driving on the road when it started to slow down and was losing power. The 2005 Ford F350 diesel truck stalled in traffic and would not run. It was towed to a location where the fuel filters were changed. This did not correct the problem. It was towed to the Ford dealer, who stated that the fuel tank had delaminated and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. Ford claimed that bio diesel caused the problem. Bio diesel is not sold in NJ. The truck never goes out of state. The stalling in traffic is a safety hazard for all drivers. The truck is only 3 years old and has only 25,500 miles.

- Bound Brook, NJ, USA

Apr 202008

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

While driving on the highway pulling a trailer my 2005 F -350 diesel quit running and almost got run over by a semi. After pulling off to the side of the road and restarted the truck it ran rough. Was able to get it back to the shop with the hazards on. To find out from the dealer that the fuel tank is delaminating which cause debris to get into the fuel pump and injectors causing it to stall. Ford has know about this problem and they change there fuel tank design but did not inform any owners of this safety defect that could have killed me. Now I am also looking at a $3000. Repair bill that Ford will not back me on. To replace the fuel tank with a new safe one. I am also looking at my other two trucks and wonder if they are safe to drive. I hope that no one will get killed due to this lack of public information by Ford.

- Defiance , MO, USA