2005 Ford F-350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-350:

2005 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jul 142015

Death wobble. 1st time it happened was entering the highway off the ramp and accelerating to merge into traffic and going over the overpass the bridges in mass. Are a mess, any way, when I drove those series of bumps at about 60-65 mph in a truck it gets bumpy anyway but all of a sudden the steering wheel, and the truck started violently shaking out of control so bad I lost complete vision it was shaking so bad with no capability of steering the truck..instinctively I applied the brakes not even checking to see what was behind me as it was shaking so bad, you cant turn around, you can not see out the mirrors. As I stated you kind of lose vision and everything goes blurry because your shaking in the vehicle so bad. A quick google and you find this happens to many many owners of this very the same truck. In fact Ford sent me a letter stating they knew about it and to make sure we have the correct air pressure. I use a $50 air pressure gauge, the air pressures not the problem. It was still happening anytime you go over big bumps or a series of smaller bumps will set it off while driving on the highway or over 60 mph. It doesn't happen to us at slower speeds. This is an extremely dangerous defect.

- Chester, NH, USA

Jul 062012

F-350 8-cyl

While traveling on the highway at 65-70 mph my vehicle will go into a violent shimmy if it hits any sort of road bump (such as bridge expansion). This happens everyday in this vehicle. It will not go away until I slow the vehicle down to 45 mph.

- North Providence, RI, USA