2.5

2006 Ford F-350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-350:

2006 Ford F-350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 142009

F-350

Excessive front end shimmy on occasion with my Ford F350 4X4. I have received a letter from Ford discussing this issue. The first time the problem occurred, my tire pressure was low and subsequently maintaining proper tire pressure seemed to prevent the problem for a while. However, recently I hit some bumps while traveling on the highway at a speed of approximately 65 mph and the front end began to shimmy very violently. I knew to hit the brakes to regain control of the steering, but I had to stay on my brakes until I slowed to approximately 40 mph before I could regain control of the steering wheel. I called a local Ford service center, but they said they would "only be guessing" at the proper way to fix the problem. I then called Ford customer service to discuss the issue, as I am nervous about riding on the highway with the vehicle. They suggested that I call several service centers until I find one that has experience with trying to fix this particular problem. I have done that and I have made an appointment for service tomorrow. The reason for my writing this complaint is that the last occurring was so severe, that I was afraid of causing an accident due to the quick deceleration I was forced into in order to regain steering control of the vehicle.

- Tewksbury, MA, USA

Jan 102008

F-350

When traveling down the freeway a bridge deck or pot hole will cause my 06 F-350 to shimmy uncontrollably. This has happened about a dozen times. I have to come to a complete stop to get the truck to stop shaking. Ford says there isn't anything wrong with the truck.

- Mt. Gilead, OH, USA

Sep 212007

F-350 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

The front end of my 2006 F-350 will shake when going over a bump at speeds of +65 mph. It is almost uncontrollable. I have taken it to Ford and they say there isn't anything wrong, this has happened 6 times. I have checked numerous web-sites and there are at least 500 other complaints on this subject. It is a danger to me and all the other motorists around me.

- Bartlett, TN, USA