2.3

2008 Ford F-350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-350:

2008 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jun 202016

F-350

Bed rails are rotting prematurely causing safety concern when truck is towing or there is weight in the bed of the truck I feel that this may cause a safety issue for passengers in the truck as well as other motorist on the roadway. Fifth wheel hitch connection shift because of rotted rail causing jam in hitch creating travel hazard

- Tiverton, RI, USA

Jan 232013

F-350 4WD 8-cyl

The moon roof track on my Ford F-350 (2008) failed after about 5 years. I had it replaced at jim click Ford in tucson at the beginning of 2013 at a cost of $2400. At the beginning of 2015 it failed again. Neither the dealer nor Ford have an answer for the failure(s) and both said I need to do the repair again at my expense. I feel that the moon roof apparatus should be sturdy enough to last the lifespan of the vehicle. My contention is that this issue is a defect and could be a safety issue is the moon roof is blown off or cannot be sealed. From the beginning with this truck when I would drive it forward in high winds the moon roof would lift and chatter. The frame is plastic and not very sturdy. I'm sure Ford uses this same plastic frame on many of their vehicles and I think that researching repair records of those vehicles using this frame might be of use in seeing if failures are frequent and a possible safety issue.

- Cathedral City, CA, USA