2011 Ford F-350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-350:

2011 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jun 272016

At any freeway speed if you hit a pot hole or a seam in the road on a turn, the truck will shake violently until you come to a stop. We have had Ford look at this a number of times with not success in getting a solution. The truck is not safe and it has happened to multiple drivers of this truck.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Apr 012016

When traveling usually at highway speeds and I come to a difference in surfaces a slight difference in the road say going over an overpass, the stearing wheel shakes violently. On you tube there are hundreds of videos about this problem. Its very dangerous, I left the dealership today and after spending $1,300 to repair the problem I can only assume that this will be a year or two fix as the same parts will fail again. Ford should solve this problem.

- Midland, TX, USA

Apr 022014

When driving on a highway and hitting a pot hole, the front end of the truck shakes violently until the speed of the truck is reduced to almost a stop. This is obviously dangerous because, not only do I loose control temporarily, but the cars behind me can hit me. Many people on line have expressed the same problem.

- Short Hills, NJ, USA

Mar 202013

2011 F350 4X4 dual rear wheel lariat. Everyone calls it the "Super Duty death wobble" Ford has no plans to fix. Started at 30K miles, replaced all known worn parts and suggested parts like everyone else - still doing it. Youtube videos show violent shake to the point your head can smack the side windows. Front end on highway hits slight bump like on over pass shakes so violently it can break the front end wheel tires and everything else.. changed tires, stabilizer shock, alignments. Recently this past week on I75 in Ohio it happened 1/2 dozen times @ 65 to 70 mph shook so hard you cannot control lock the brakes down hard to 30 mph just like everyone else on the net says. Nearly causing wrecks on the freeway. Happens without warning. Totally stock $55K truck. Dealer says no tsb or recall. But Ford does know about it and says it "may help" to check stabilizer shock. Everyone has done that. Google Super Duty death wobble it and see videos. My first ever online complaint. This Ford truck is insanely dangerous. At dealer now with no solution. I discovered by switching into 4whd it will stop which tells me it is internal control arm bushings because 4WD will bind the front end up enough to preload suspension. It got me home but the wife will never ride in it again!

- Washington, MI, USA

Mar 012012

Hit a slight bump in the road and the truck started to shake violently and the steering wheel had severe shaking. Had to slow down to 30mph before the truck quite shaking and allowed me to return to normal speed.

- Milton, KY, USA

Jan 022014

Driving at 65 mph on ih-10 houston tx, hit a bump in the road and truck entered into a death wobble, had to veer across 3 lanes and a on ramp to the shoulder and slow to about 5 mph before the shimmy stopped. Very scary actually a little scared of my truck now. Went to a front end shop today and was told I have no loose parts and the steering stabilizer was fine. He told me the ball joint on the track bar is usually what it is and only Ford can fix it. They did not charge me.

- Orange, TX, USA

Mar 092013

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

After hitting very small bumps in the road at 50mph, the left front wheel started shaking violently, making it difficult to control the vehicle. The only way to regain control was to slow to about 30mph, very dangerous on the interstate highway. This has happened several times since, always starting with small bumps in the road, left front wheel, causing the violent shaking. Vehicle control could only be regained by slowing to about 30mph.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

Feb 012013

Highway speeds driving on concrete truck hit bumps and started violently bucking and vibrating. This happened a dozen times in my 300 mile trip.

- West Haven , UT, USA

Nov 252012

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

The truck violently started shaking after hitting several small bumps in road. Almost lost control of truck. In order for shaking to stop I had to slow truck down to 25 mph. I almost was rear ended by a truck following me. The shake feels like the front wheels are about to come off. This has happened almost a dozen times since the truck was bought new.

- Benson, VT, USA

Nov 062012

F-350 8-cyl

I have owned this truck for 45 days / 2,000 miles. Numerous times I have experienced a suspension malfunction commonly known as a "deathwobble". as of late, it has become increasingly worse. Yesterday's incident required me to lower my speed to 10 mph on a major highway to regain control of my F350 Super Duty. I was nearly rearended by multiple vehicles including a tractor trailer. In addition I nearly collided with a jersey wall on a bridge. Taking the vehicle back to the dealer, but want to ensure that there is a record of the danger in this vehicle.

- Columbia, MD, USA

May 092012

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I have a 2011 Ford sd F-350 srw with 26505 miles. On several occasions, I have experience violent front end shimmy after hitting a bump in the road or an expansion joint on a bridge or on the freeway. The vehicle requires sudden braking to bring the vehicle back in control. The front end shakes violently to the point of taking the steering out of your hands. This is very dangerous. The last time it occurred I was on a bridge. The violent movement of the front end moved me into the adjacent lane, luckily, there was no vehicle in the lane. I could have caused an accident due to this problem.

- Mcclellanville, SC, USA

Jan 172011

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

While driving in the left side passing lane and coming up to a slight left bend in the road the truck went over a expansion joint in the road, if there is slight pressure on the steering wheel from holding the truck into the left bend in the road the trucks wheels will start to shake and wobble, it will get so bad you need to hold the steering wheel with two hands and guide the truck to a complete stop in that left lane so to make it go away. This is real scary. I know there is items on the web sights that will fix this problem, but Ford will void your warranty if they find any aftermarket parts on the truck. What I don't understand is Ford knows there is a problem with this wobble and if you go and fix it they void your warranty.

- West Babylon, NY, USA

Oct 312011

F-350 4WD 8-cyl

Front wheels went into an extreme wobble after hitting a bump, and would not stop wobbling until I came to a complete stop.

- Hanover, PA, USA

Sep 142011

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-350. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the front end of the vehicle started to jerk violently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who referred him to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 23,500.

- Mcleansville , NC, USA

Sep 142011

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-350. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph over a road bump when the vehicle began to vibrate violently, causing the vehicle to travel into another lane without intent. The failure recurred three times while driving over a road bump or pothole. The contact planned to take the vehicle to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 23,400.

- Kentfield, CA, USA