1.9

2001 Ford F-450 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-450:

2001 Ford F-450 Owner Comments

Sep 082010

F-450

My 2001 F 150 super crew start on fire in a parking lot I live in Mexico but this truck was made in the usa, the fire started about 45 minutes after the engine was turned off.

- Queretaro, 00, USA

Jan 132008

F-450

I was woken up by someone knocking on my apartment door to let me know that my truck was on fire. I attempted to put the fire out by filling cooking pans with water and dousing the flames but to no avail. The fire dept along with the police showed up and the front part of the truck is all burned up.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Dec 182008

F-450

Truck caught fire sitting in the driveway due to cruise control switch that was on recall list. I knew nothing of the recall until the fire department told me that was what happened.

- Red Oak, TX, USA

Sep 032008

F-450

What good is it to respond to a recall of a F150 cruise control when they don't have the parts and you have to make 3-4 trips to get the work done. Then they say they have the part but don't do the work and your back again.....I'm a long time Ford customer but this is ridiculous...then your Agency urges motorists to respond to the recall....how about kicking those Ford execs in their pockets.

- League City , TX, USA

Jul 272005

F-450 8-cyl

2001 Ford Expedition ignited into flames causing our clients mobile home and all of it contents to be lost. Fire department stated that the fire originated in the vehicle.

- Edinburg, TX, USA