CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 022015

Fiesta 4-cyl

The rear passenger door opened on its own and will no longer latch, nothing appears broken when looking at the latch. I have the door tied shut with rope.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Apr 182015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear passenger door opened while pulling out of the driveway. Defective door latch is hardly ever used since only one person drives the vehicle.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Apr 172015

Fiesta

Door will not stay closed. Door lock failed when I tried to shut the door.

- Caldwell, TX, USA

Mar 252015

Fiesta 4-cyl

As I was making a left U turn at approximately 10 mph, the passenger side door swung open and wouldn't close. Now it seems the door latch won't catch. Nothing appears to be broken or damaged, the door just wont close.

- El Centro, CA, USA

Jan 072015

Fiesta 4-cyl

A couple a months ago, my sister tried to close the rear door on the passenger side. The door just bounced off and I have to tie it to the passenger seat because Ford told me that it's not covered and that I have to pay out of pocket for this something that it's not only my car that it happened too. This car is giving me headaches I just want my door fixed it's dangerous that I'm driving it this way but it's my only car. My door is making the seat lose because of it being tied to it. The door wont close!!

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jan 312015

Fiesta

Passenger rear door latch won't engage or close. Mechanic found a defective latch assembly.

- Tamuning, GU, USA

Jan 272015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Driver's side rear door suddenly could not latch. Took it to the dealer who charged $500 to fix it. Car only has 47000 miles on it so it should not have happened. Did not have any children so rarely used the rear doors. I do not think I should have been charged for the repair.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jan 242015

Fiesta

When a passenger attempted to close the front passenger door on this vehicle, it refused to latch. This is the third door latch on this vehicle that has failed. Two doors have been repaired but one remains bungee corded closed due to the high cost of the repair.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Nov 212014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Went to my car, put a bag in the back floor, shut the back door, the door bounced back and hit me, the latch would not catch.

- Athens, AL, USA

Nov 222014

Fiesta

Door latch not working properly. 1. parked the car and rear passenger opened the rear passenger side door 2. closed the door but it didn't latch 3. repeatedly attempted to close the door but it wouldn't latch 4. put the key tip in the central locking/unlocking and twisted/jiggled it (central locking/unlocking is located on the door just above the latch) 5. closed the door and it latched. 6. this issue happens each time you open the door from the inside (passenger exiting the car). You can open the door from the outside and the door works correctly. 7. looked on the NHTSA website to see if the problem has been reported and I see many issues with Ford Fiesta door latches, so added my report.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Nov 212014

Fiesta

I was driving with children in back seat of vehicle and both rear doors flew open while driving. Upon pulling over to secure rear doors, I observed that the right rear door latch is locked and will not close and the left rear door latch is open and will not secure upon closing.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 262014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I got in my car, shut the door and did my normal start up routine. I was following my wife home and shortly after starting to drive I leaned over to the left like I always do to put my elbow on the window sill when the door came open. I lost balance to the left and slightly swerved and hit the brakes to stop. The door flung open from momentum and bounced back at me when the car stopped. It hit my left side but no major damage. My wife stopped up ahead and came back and we were unable to figure out why the door popped open and could not get it to latch. I took my car to the dealership on Monday and they told me that this was a known problem. The first service adviser, not my regular service adviser, told me to keep my receipt and when the recall was issued they would reimburse me and that it should only be a few weeks. As I was leaving my regular service adviser saw me and asked what was going on. I told her the situation and she said that they should not have even charged it as they had already been dealing with the issue for other customers. She tried to stop the billing from going through but they had already processed it. She said not to worry and it would only be a few weeks at max... this was over six weeks ago. This issue may be under reported because of this.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Sep 102014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I was unloading stuff from my car and shut the door when it re opened, there was another incident where another door did the same thing ! I currently have two non working doors on my vehicle and both doors broke within a month.

- Burbank , CA, USA

Oct 302014

Fiesta

My passenger side rear door was opened when getting into the car and was then closed but it did not latch. The door ajar light continues to stay on. Two weeks later the same thing happened with the driver side rear passenger door. This has cause my battery to go bad and had to be replaced, I called my Ford dealership zeck Ford in leavenworth Kansas and they told me I would have to pay for the repair and if it is recalled then I would be issued a refund or I could just wait it out and see if there is a recall issued. For the mean time, I have my rear doors secured with a ratchet strap inbetween the handles due to the huge cost of repairing the door latches, my door ajar light continues to stay on and my car battery is being drained down everynight putting extra wear on a brand new battery. If I let it sit for more than one night then it has to be jump started. I am not very happy with Ford Motor Company for not addressing this asap. I believe this is a huge safety problem and I am unable to have any passengers in the rear seats and I fear that one or both of the front doors could fail with the same problem causing injury to myself, or my passenger or causing my vehicle to be un drivable if one of the front doors fails.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA

Oct 242014

Fiesta

My husband went to place my son's toddler seat in the back seat when he did he later tried to close the door and the door would not latch. We tried closing it several times and not successful. This happened to the right rear door. My husband then took the car to a Ford dealership and said that it would cost roughly $500 to diagnose and fix the problem. We didn't leave it because this should be something that Ford should take care of since to me it seems to be a car defect and not anything we did to it. So we saw that we are not the only ones with this problem and want to unite with other owners to get this resolved with a recall.

- Plano, TX, USA

Oct 172014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Driving at about 20 mph in a parking lot all of a sudden the left rear door opened and could not be shut again due to a malfunctioning of the locking system. ( door latch).

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 172014

Fiesta

Rear passenger door latch will not hold door shut. The door failed to latch when a passenger used the door for normal entry and tried to close it. No initiating event or damage preceded this failure.

- Fallbrook, CA, USA

Oct 022014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The rear passenger-side door will not latch. Fortunately, I noticed it before I pulled away.

- College Station, TX, USA

Apr 032014

Fiesta

This vehicle - driver rear door assembly was replace due to malfunction door open and will not shut on April 3, 2014 I bought this car on May 15, 2014 last week on October 10th my 16yrs old daughter was driving the car and entering to the school parking lot the door open without any reason - contacted Ford and after fighting as vehicle even though is only 34000 miles is not longer under warranty they will be fixing my concern is this is the 2nd time same problem is happening to this vehicle and could had end up on a fatality. Is Ford inspecting the replacement parts or just mending the issue, per online lookup has being at least 76 complains and there has not being a recall yet.

- Ocala , FL, USA

Oct 082014

Fiesta

Latch on back door of driver's side unlocked while vehicle was in motion. Stopped vehicle and door would not stay closed. Tied broken door across to door at back of passenger's side. Started vehicle. Latch on back door of passenger's side unlocked while in motion. Second door would not stay closed. Brought car to Ford dealership. Dealer reported that door parts were "defective" and would not be covered under warranty. Had to purchase new door latches and get them installed for $1,000. Major safety issue. I was lucky I had no passengers!!!!! doors unlatched while in motion!

- San Antonio, TX, USA