CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 12)

Jun 052016

Fiesta 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the vehicle would not accelerate in reverse. The vehicle was shifted into drive, but there was still no acceleration. The vehicle accelerated afterwards to approximately 30 mph and grinding noises were present. The vehicle felt as if it were struggling to engage into gear. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was invalid. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000. Updated 08/16/16 the consumer stated she decelerated, the vehicle lurched and bucked as if it were about to stall. The consumer stated a computer was replaced. Updated 08/30/016.

- Lincoln University, PA, USA

May 232016

Fiesta

Driving vehicle on expressway and vehicle just cut off. Been complaining to Ford since I purchased vehicle about 2 years now, took it in for repairs several time. Was told that the problem is corrected but it keeps doing the same thing. It will roll back when I stop at a light or stop sign. This is dangerous. This time I was lucky nothing serious happened. Next time I might not be.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 012015

Fiesta

Took my car in for a recall on the trans/clutch (my car is automatic). Less than 3 months later the trans was grinding hard, slipping and stalling while driving. I took it back in. Its been about 3 months and my trans is starting to act up again. Ford says there is nothing they can do about it because its acting like they knew it was going to. That Ford sold a bad trans and its the "characteristics" of the trans.

- Sandwich, IL, USA

Apr 302016

Fiesta

Hesitation, jerking and clutch grinding noises. Went to make a left hand turn and my car hesitated on acceleration causing a near fatal accident from an on coming car. Luckily the oncoming car was able to slow down enough to avoid hitting my passenger side where my daughter was sitting. I have been experiencing hesitation, severe jerking and grinding of the clutch the entire weekend.

- Trenton, MI, USA

Apr 282016

Fiesta

Vehichle has been returned to a Ford dealer numerous times for transmission issues. Has had all updates completed as required by the dealer, yet continue to have transmission issues. The vehicle shudders and hesitates while attempting to shift gears (it is an automatic transmission). This occurs at low speeds as well as higher speeds. Feel it may be a risk for causing an accident. The dealer says there is nothing more they can do.

- Cumberland, MD, USA

Apr 222012

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While putting out of a parking space, the vehicle jerked and lost power. The contact had to wait until the traffic died down to pull out of the space. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the computer needed to be reset and the clutch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Apr 212016

Fiesta

From a stand still up until speed, every gear shift is meet with a shudder and feels like it slips while the transmission chages gear. Just recently the car started to jerk and stutter and I barely made it home. The rpms rise and dip and is undriveable. It has been brought in for transmission module reprogramming and inspection of transmission fluids. I thought in the past that the shaking and stuttering was normal, according to Ford that is normal. It's not that when my car started jerking and sputtering that I realize something is very wrong.Ford did give me an extended warranty for up to 70K miles. Also, I notice that when the surface is wet and I break gradually on a wet surface ie, painted street dividers, painted street signs or oil, ABS will break the vehicle, the vehicle will lock up causing it to slide and then when I get on the gas pedal the car will be unresponsive to my gas pedal input. Basically, I wouldn't be able to get out of hands way because the cars power to move for 2-3seconds is non existent.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 192016

Fiesta

About 3 months after buying this used Fiesta, castro in milsboro, de found a leak under the motor. Since I wasn't loosing oil the Ford dealersip didn't think it was a major issue. In August of 2015 reverse slipped out 5 times in 4 weeks. Ford dealer in lewes, de finally looked into problem and found the transmission seal had blown causing fluid to get onto clutches and throw-out bearing. Two weeks later it was finally fixed. Now I'm having issues with hard shfting, and stalling between gears. The dealership in georgetown, de checked and stated the transmission was "within Ford peramiters". Ford customer support stated "if the problem escalates to please call us back" so the car still is shifting badly at this powing.

- Selbyville, DE, USA

Dec 122014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving at various speeds and attempting to stop, the vehicle would shudder and make an abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed. The contact stated that the vehicle was serviced under a manufacturer's satisfaction recall for the power train, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was brought back to the dealer where the software was updated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Sep 142015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving at various speeds, the transmission stuttered. The contact stated that the failure previously occurred and the transmission would not shift. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed and needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was brought back to the dealer twice for repairs, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Mar 182016

Fiesta

"takata recall" when I stop at a red light, and then try to go when it turns green, 2 out of three times there is no forward gear. Then I have to turn on the 4way flashers, turn the key off and on again, then I can go forward. This is very dangerous in heavy traffic. Other times the car won't go into neutral when coming to a stop light, and wants to push you into the car in front of you, or thru the light! I've had it to the dealer probably 5 times, never ever helped. I tell the dealer every time I go there that the car is gonna kill me! I won't lend to anybody. I'm very uncomfortable driving my grandchildren in this car.

- Medina, NY, USA

Mar 102016

Fiesta

My daughter drives this car. Car stutters when driving, idle goes up to 3K, overheat icon came on, idle goes high but car decelerates, car bucks like a Bronco. Ford charged us over $500 to replace a cooling fan, did 3 software upgrades, said they replaced the transmission control module, same issues repeated except for the overheat icon, idle still went high and car stutters, bucks, again the trans stopped propelling the car. Now they say it's the throttle body and want over $800 !! to repair it. The 2011 Ford Fusion has a similar problem and is now covered for free under a customer satisfaction program, all of the windows in the car are hard to raise, you have to manually push them up while holding the up button. The throttle issue is new but why didn't those codes turn up previously when the car exhibited the same symptoms? imo this is a poorly manufactured vehicle. Only 79K miles and sooooo many problems.

- Azle, TX, USA

Mar 082016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While at a stop, the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The contact attempted to shift into park, but the gear shifter failed to shift out of drive. The contact had to restart the vehicle in order to shift into park and resume normal function. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Chicago Heights, IL, USA

Jan 112016

Fiesta

My car will not go in gear. I took it to Ford on 2/2/15 because my car was stalling when I put it in gear they ran test and said my car was fine.. it not running.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jan 112016

Fiesta

Transmission studders and hesitates in lower gears when turning or pulling up to parking area slowly. Transmission has been serviced by Ford 3 times but we are now waiting 8-12 weeks for another set of clutches mean while it is getting worse to drive.

- Sun City, AZ, USA

Jan 012015

Fiesta

While driving, vehicle shudders and hesitates when accelerating. Lurches forward at times when stopped. Bucks while shifting (transmission is their powershift automatic). One time the transmission completely disengaged while driving on the parkway during a snowstorm, leaving in a very dangerous position. Had to turn the car off and on several times to get transmission to "reset". at times, when releasing brake from stationary position, car would shudder even before applying the throttle. Transmission control module has been changed out twice in the last 15 months of purchasing the car from the dealer as "certified pre-owned". last tcm change, the car had same issues as soon as I left service department. Called service adviser as soon as I got home and he said I had to drive the vehicle 1000-12000 miles for the transmission to "get used to the way I drive". needless to say, after 2000 miles, there has been no change in condition. Taking vehicle back for the 5th time for continued problems. I have recently inquired about a class action law suit against Ford Motor Company being filed in ca regarding these same issues from other Ford Fiesta owners.

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Jan 182016

Fiesta

On several occasions the vehicle has experienced decreased acceleration as well as delayed acceleration. Since June of 2011 to January 2016 I have had the clutch replaced 8 or 9 times with the power train module being reprogrammed. The problem still persists. Now Jan. 18th 2016 the car is experiencing a transmission malfunction. It will not accelerate over 10 miles an hour. Rendering the vehicle undrivable. I can't seem to get help from Ford or sunstate Ford in which the vehicle was purchased. Everytime they service the vehicle they state shuddering and the acceleration issues are normal functions of the vehicle. However each time they have replace the clutch or reprogrammed computers associated with the transmission. At the intersection of 441 and david walker dr in eustis fl we experienced the transmission malfunction leaving us in the middle of traffic trying to manuever at 10 miles an hour.

- Eustis, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while at a stop light, the vehicle shook and sputtered. The contact also indicated that the vehicle hesitated to accelerate and stalled intermittently on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission was failed and the clutch assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 03/11/16

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jan 042016

Fiesta

Car at random times refuses to go into any gear. This is the dual clutch automatic transmission. Most often happens after starting the car when the shift lever is moved into a gear the transmission remains in netural. You can over reve the engine no foot on the brake no gear engages. A few time while driving the transmissions goes into netural. So far I've been able to coast off of the limited access road onto a side street when that has happened. A few times the car has refused to go back into gear after coming to a stop at a stop sign or stop light. You can resolve the issue by turning off the car and restarting it. Sometimes it takes multiple restarts before you can get the transmission to shift out of netural. A few times the car has refused to start, I think the tcu refuses to put the transmission into netural at that point to allow it to start. When that happens I have had to wait upwards of fifteen minutes before the car can be started and driven. The dealer claims they can't do anything since they cant duplicate the problem while the car is in the shop. I've had the few recall notices related to the transmission done. I feel this care is not safe to take on a major highway but can't afford to purchase another vehicle at this time. I see many other owners reporting the same problems but Ford has either been unable to find a fix or it has been to expensive for then to want to implement. Majority of times I've experienced this has been in parking lots but other times has been on residential streets(stop signs) or limited access 35-40mph roads while driving or trying to drive away from a stop light. I fear the day it happens on a highway. I'm listing this past Monday as the date since it was the most recent incident. This has been happening for several years now and yet Ford refuses to do anything about it. I stated ) as the most recent.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Aug 172011

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the vehicle shutters and hesitates as if it were to stall while the accelerator pedal was being depressed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the tcm module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 1,600.

- Mineral Bluff, GA, USA