CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

3.1

2011 Ford Fiesta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 292013

Fiesta

On 29 may, 2013 my family and I were driving on the highway when the car stalled. The rpms went up and the car just kept losing speed until it would no longer go with no trouble lights, which it gave the impression the car had slipped into neutral. A tow truck came and brought the car to the nearest Ford dealership. The dealership service representative started the car as soon as it arrived and it started up right away and stated since there were no trouble lights that they could not properly diagnose the car so they returned the car to us. On 5 June, 2013 my family and I were driving on the highway when it stalled again, but we turned off the car and let it sit, then restarted it and it was able to make it to another Ford dealership where they did an inspection. They drove the vehicle for 27 miles and could not recreate the issue and no trouble codes were present so they could not diagnose it. They gave us back our car and on our way home it stalled four more times nearly causing accidents with a semi-truck. It was brought back to the first Ford dealership where it was kept from the 7th-11th. The problem could not be created and the car was released back. On the way home it stalled again. On the 14th it stalled again while waiting at the right turn lane at an intersection and I brought it to the dealership where it was kept from the 14th-19th for further diagnosis. They were finally able to get a code that required the powertrain control module (PCM) to be updated and recalibrated. On the 20th it would not start and a tow truck was called and they gave it a jump start. I then took it to auto zone and the battery tested fine and the dealership later had the same results. A pen light tester showed power was being drained from the battery. The car stalled again on the 22nd requiring it to be pushed off the road twice. Now the dealership says the battery is bad. Recall?

- Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 012011

Fiesta

Car sputters to start, then won't engage any gear. Battery won't hold a charge. Today (01 Jan 2013) marks the third incident. The dealer put in a new battery the first 2 times and told me the battery was defective (twice). This car eats batteries. It always happens during cold weather. After the car started, I rolled in neutral out of my driveway onto the street. Then the car would not engage in any gear. I was a sitting duck in the middle of the road. I couldn't go forward or backwards. I had to turn off and restart engine 4 times until it engaged a gear. Then I drove to autozone where they tested the battery. They said the battery was good (1- year old battery had a 3-year warranty) and the alternator engaged, but the battery lost its charge rapidly upon turning off the engine.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Aug 152012

Fiesta 4-cyl

The positive battery cable completely sheared off preventing the car from starting. The circular lug used to connect the cable to the positive battery post is too thin for the size of the cable and extra safety fuses and circuitry. To make matters worse such a poorly designed part has a lead time from Ford's oem in Mexico of 4-6 weeks. The car has been at North central Ford in richardson, Texas, since 15 August. After missing the part delivery deadline three times the dealership finally provided a rental car. As of the writing of this issue the Ford Fiesta has been in the shop for 26 days, still waiting for the original part from the oem.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Aug 082011

Fiesta

I have a various problems with the transmission. It keeps having a grinding noise like it has a hard time going into gear. I have noticed that the problem is worse when trying to quickly stop as well as accelerating right after. The transmission problem is currently keeping the Fiesta in the shop right now but the dealership is saying that this problem is normal and there is no repair is available at this time. I have also had problems with the window not rolling up right. This was fixed but I think that over time it will start to be a problem again. The final problem is the sound system not being properly wired as I plugged my phone to charge and the radio stopped getting reception.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 252011

Fiesta 4-cyl

At crossroads Ford, prince george, Virginia: This 2011 Ford Fiesta...service engine soon light came on..dealership checked car tsb(power train central module-for transmission) only re-set/re-programmed transmission computer.(April 25,2011. On November 4,2011...I took vehicle back to morganton N.C.Ford dealership.. my Fiesta would not start and after 4 attempts to start the car it hesitated and started it jerked and sounded like it was badly missing....when driven to dealership the vehicle service engine light came on...it would not shift gears properly and the rpms went to 3000rpms before shifting into any gear. Dealership stated vehicle didn't have a problem and again re-programmed and up-dated the transmission computer. I was very upset. In December 22,2011: Transmission gears not shifting properly. I took vehicle to local morganton, N.C. Ford dealership...they tested the PCM..it passed.tested tcm passed all controls. Then tried to tell me...it was only a low-battery problem...but had to re-set the transmission computer a third time.then on February 25,2012...Fiesta hatch-back lock would not lock to stay shut. I promptly took vehicle to morganton, N.C. Ford dealership and the car is still there to be repaired and a part is on order. To fix this lock. I was given a rental vehicle. I intend to sue Ford Motor Corp via N.Carolina lemon law I am a very-dissatisfied customer>..my car is a piece of crap.

- Morganton, NC, USA

May 232011

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that he was experiencing a recurring failure with the electrical system. The fuel sensor failed a total of three times and was replaced upon each failure, but continued to recur. The navigational system would malfunction sporadically but the dealer was unable to correct the failure. The contact stated that every electrical component of the vehicle exhibited some type of intermittent failure. The vehicle was taken to a local repair shop where it was determined that the master program calibration was off. The vehicle was unable to be repaired so the manufacturer repurchased the vehicle. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Roseville, MN, USA

Dec 102010

Fiesta 4-cyl

2011 Ford Fiesta. Attorney writes on behalf of clients in regards to vehicle catching fire while driving the driver of the vehicle stated he was driving with the cruise control activated, when suddenly the vehicle began to lose power and the heater stopped working. The driver stopped the vehicle, after seeing a glare at the driver's side window. He turned the vehicle off and removed the key. The fire started in the front of the vehicle under the dashboard. According to the fire report, the fire was due to an electrical problem.

- Orlando, FL, USA